pdf manual (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very interesting project, many months (nearly a year ago or more ;) ), I started to create some infrastructure for creating a pdf from wiki pages.

As I don't have the time for keeping it up to date all the time, I only did the initial work, which could be continued anyone else, but this did not happen.

If you are interested in it, take a look at this page: PrintableManual - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    If there are multiple tables of contents, the parameters for this import statement needs to be modified. I am sure there are still enough working imports.

regards
    chefkoch

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Translation into German?!

Hi citizenkeys.

Well done, even though I must admit: I didn't read every page ;)
    But if you are interested, I will read every word!

About a month or two ago, I asked flokel that I would do some translation works on the MP wiki, manuals or something like that. Unfortunately he didn't react, as I wanted to go into the matter.

For an easy translation is one thing important: Is there something like an html, a word document or comparable, that you generated the pdf from?
    If there is something like that, send it to me! ...Otherwise I can extract a usable document from the pdf, but then definitely there has to be some DTP work done on such a file; This would eat up much time.

I am keen on doing some translation, because I am no programmer, but nevertheless want to do my part on the MP project.

For any idea, comment or even file to work with, I'd grateful.

Best regards, Fafnir.

-Kasper-

November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Think your plan for a complete pdf of the manual is brilliant Citzen. :)
    I find it easier to refer to a printed manual and i think many others do too.

Is there any progress in this work of yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom