Personal Video Database - support? (1 Viewer)

odin318

Portal Pro
April 21, 2006
I ran across this application the other day, and have moved over my Ant database. Would it be possible to support this? The backend is just a Firebird database. The developer is on his forums all the time, he is very open to bug fixes and new features, something that can't be said of Ant unfortunatly.

Could someone code in support for this app?

Personal Video Databse - Home

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
I ran across this application the other day, and have moved over my Ant database. Would it be possible to support this? The backend is just a Firebird database. The developer is on his forums all the time, he is very open to bug fixes and new features, something that can't be said of Ant unfortunatly.

Only if that software can manage the database as xml format !

odin318

Portal Pro
April 21, 2006

I will ask the dev about this, I don't see why it wouldn't.

odin318

Portal Pro
April 21, 2006

OK this program can export to XML. It can even import ant databases and everything. What format does the XML need to be in? Can you check it out or let me know what kind of testing I can do?

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Can you send me an XML export example (please with most of fields filled) as I can see how I can integer it with MyFilms.
A new version 4.7 is coming soon, I'll see if I can add that new format in it.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
The xml received doesn't have path to movies pictures..
Where are the pictures stored and with whicj name ?
Can you add the path to pictures into the exported xml file ?

ovni

Portal Member
March 21, 2007
Normandie
Home Country
France France
I make a small export template for PVD, that generate a basic AntMovies Xml file.

You need to use the Plain text export plugin in PVD.

Uncompress the file AntXml.ptm in tje \Plugins\Templates of the PVD install dir.

Go in the preference ->plugins->plaintext and choose AntXml as the export template.

This will generate a .XML and copy all images (cover) in the directory of your choice.

The XMl is basic but AntMovie Accept it,so i think mymovies to.

Sorry for my bad english :oops:

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
I make a small export template for PVD, that generate a basic AntMovies Xml file.

You need to use the Plain text export plugin in PVD.

Uncompress the file AntXml.ptm in tje \Plugins\Templates of the PVD install dir.

Go in the preference ->plugins->plaintext and choose AntXml as the export template.

This will generate a .XML and copy all images (cover) in the directory of your choice.

The XMl is basic but AntMovie Accept it,so i think mymovies to.

Sorry for my bad english :oops:
Can you send me an exported xml database with that template as it seems to have a picture field ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom