Philips 5100 remote and XP Pro XP3 HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

brokenrobot

Portal Member
March 20, 2010
So I managed to get the remote working after following instuctions somewhere on this forum but the remote acts as if the keys are sticky and they constantly repeat the kep presses.

There is a 12 page discussion here -

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...100-microsoft-vista-4-1-remote-control-33357/

and in the end everyone is paying massive respect to a french chap called Jike who has made a driver for this remote for XP Pro SP3 here -

Google Translate

and everyone seems to have had great luck with this driver.

My question is how do I install this driver???

I've been reading on here all day long and been going round in circles and it's driving me mad! My remote shows as -

eHome Infrared Receiver

I've tried installing the driver from Jike but when I point Windows to the unzipped folder Windows says there is nothing in there it can use.

I'm so close to being able to put this projct to bed and this is the last stumbling block. If anyone could let me know what do do I would be immensley grateful.

I quit smoking today and this problem isn't helping!!!!!

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi brokenrobot

Did you manage to get this sorted? If Windows doesn't want to use the driver with your remote then it may be because your remote has a slightly different USB ID. If it is in the same family as the remotes that other people have got working then you should still be able to look for the MaxRepeatPauseInterval and MaxRepeatTimeout entries in the registry and fix them up. To edit the registry:

1. Click start->run, type "regedit", hit enter.
    2. Search for the appropriate keys - click on "my computer" to start searching at the top of of the tree, then click edit->find.
    3. Enter "MaxRepeatPauseInterval" and click find.
    4. Once found, change the value of the key as instructed in the first link you posted (double-click on the name of the key to edit the value).
    5. There may be multiple keys by the sounds of it, so use F3 to find the next entry.
    6. Repeat for "MaxRepeatTimeout".

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom