PhotoFX - a new skin in pre beta released (1 Viewer)

Visard

Portal Member
September 2, 2005
Sweden
To get some input I have decided to release a pre Beta release, or should it be a Alpha release ?

PLEASE, need your help with what is good and what is not so good !

Also what is not working for you, due to the power of MP and a lots of plugins I can't test all...

I have tried to reduse color due to different pics as background.

Just put your own JPG you want as a background in the file:
...\MediaPortal\skin\PhotoFX\Media\MyPhoto.jpg

Preferable in your active resolution (eg. 720x576), this is specially important if you want to have a slideshow as the background when this is not scaled to screen. To activate the slide show, edit "common.window.xml" and remove the two remarked rows and save.
All (*.JPG) in the map above will be shown in defaulted 5 minutes.

Finaly, the skin as a zip-file:

http://hem.bredband.net/b438284/MediaPortal/PhotoFX_B1.zip

So try it now - and post your comments in this thread !!!

// Visard

stormbringer

Portal Pro
November 22, 2004
I took your theme and it doesn´t work. When i opened music or videos , thers only a black scree. the mainmenu is black too. Only the Settings-Menu has the right background.Is it a CVS-Prob? I´m using the Mp013 -Version?

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Great work... : PhotoFX - a new skin in pre beta released

Visard....

Let me be one of the first from the Dev - Test team to "thank you" .... Not only did u use some original thought with art, used some of the good skin work already there to save the battle, but combined good thought and originality (AND) released something to build upon for others and yourself....

Very well done - I see some neat stuff in this skin that helps myself and others with there skin designs, or using yours as a complete new option.

Keep it up - and thanks
Critifer

Visard said:
To get some input I have decided to release a pre Beta release, or should it be a Alpha release ?

PLEASE, need your help with what is good and what is not so good !

Also what is not working for you, due to the power of MP and a lots of plugins I can't test all...

I have tried to reduse color due to different pics as background.

Just put your own JPG you want as a background in the file:
...\MediaPortal\skin\PhotoFX\Media\MyPhoto.jpg

Preferable in your active resolution (eg. 720x576), this is specially important if you want to have a slideshow as the background when this is not scaled to screen. To activate the slide show, edit "common.window.xml" and remove the two remarked rows and save.
All (*.JPG) in the map above will be shown in defaulted 5 minutes.

Finaly, the skin as a zip-file:

http://hem.bredband.net/b438284/MediaPortal/PhotoFX_B1.zip

So try it now - and post your comments in this thread !!!

// Visard

Visard

Portal Member
September 2, 2005
Sweden
stormbringer said:
...Is it a CVS-Prob? I´m using the Mp013 -Version?
Yes - I have only tested it with 0.2.0 RC1 and to use slideshow you will probebly need a later CVS (look for Smirnuffs animation).

wortelsoft said:
.. Als I tried the skin but I can't really comment on it as I have a wide screen TV so I get a lot of destortion.
Would like to know if the distortions is plain 4:3 to 16:9 stretch or something else ?

critifer said:
Let me be one of the first from the Dev - Test team to "thank you" .... Not only did u use some original thought with art, used some of the good skin work already there to save the battle, but combined good thought and originality (AND) released something to build upon for others and yourself....

Very well done - I see some neat stuff in this skin that helps myself and others with there skin designs, or using yours as a complete new option.

Keep it up - and thanks
Critifer

Thank's critifer - not so mutch respenses so far, not even bad ones... :)

The status is that I have done some work on the PhotoFX skin, but partly on the slow responses, I have played a bit with a 16:9 skin as well, reused some grafix but not exactly the same - Maybe I will post more about it in this forum.

Bottom line is I will try to finish the PhotoFX skin - but I'm not sure in what priority it will be in...

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Just installed your skin and fiddled around a bit. Here are the issues I've run into so far (running a current CVS snapshot):

Home:
    - preview window is drawn over the time on the home screen
    - played content is on the left over the changing picture / would prefer right
    - new Web Browser plugin has no picture (haven't tested the webbrowser itself)
    - new Trailers plugin has "DVD" as picture

TV:
    - TV program search window has different on/off buttons than Live TV. The "over" buttons are OK. (Timeshifting & TV on)
    - In search, some search options switch to ProjectX look for the right pane. This goes for "Title", "Starts with", "TV Show" and "Episode" searches.
    - In search, "Episode" isn't reachable directly
    - Recorded TV screen has old ProjectX look for right pane and text is corrupted for the right pane
    - Can't get below "Sort by:" button in Recorded TV screen (same as in ProjectX ;) ).Thus, switch view, cleanup and compress are unreachable
    - "Scheduled" and "Recorded TV" have "ProjectX" preview Window
    - in "Teletext" no navigation seems to work, and it also has ProjectX preview window
    - In my opinion the TVGuide is too busy with Program name and Genre in the same colour / font size

Trailers:
    - Trailer details (Plot/Cast) aren't visible at all

Radio:
    - preview window is drawn over the right list pane

The biggest issue I think is the preview window on the right. I can only come up with three workarounds for that:
    - move it to the left, and move the changing picture area to the center.
    - disable it at all (only preview on screens who draw nothing in the bottom right area.
    - Shorten the right panes so they won't draw under the preview screen. This would be a problem for the News plugin.
    EDIT: the same goes for the the play time elapsed text.

Then for the date/time being drawn under the preview window on the home screen: I'd move it up to the top right corner, just below the topbar.

I really like most of the graphics, since they allow for a wide range of colours for the background image. I only dislike the different colours from the changing pictures on the home screen. They're just too varying. I would change them all to grey-scale, or at least use coloured ones for all of them.

I hope you see my comments as positive criticism, because I like the work you've done so far. Please tell me if I'm being unclear, then I'll do my best to rephrase or take screenshots. Thanks for the effort!

The people who are still searching for the right background picture might want to take a look here. I found mine there... :)

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom