Picture Freeze / Crash when I turn off TV and back on (1 Viewer)

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi All!

This is my first bug/error report, and I really wnat to help, so please don't kill me if it's not a perfect report!

I have a problem when I watch TV, and then turn of the physical TV (useful e.g. when you want to have MTV or VH1 as background music without having your 50" consuming power).

When I turn off the TV, everything works as I expect = Sound comes out of my speakers (connected to my reciever, not to the TV).

It's when I turn the TV back on again, that the problem occurs:
    The music or "sound" is still playing, but the picture has frozen, and the MP Test tool i laying active in the background.
    The funny thing here (I think), is that it is not the picture from when I turned off the TV, that is frozen. It is the picture that i on when I turn back on the TV.

For all I can see, the MediaPortel.exe is still active in task manager (and the music is playing), so I do not know if this is related to MP or my display drivers?

To get rid of the problem, I can press ALT-F4 to shut down MP.

I have been having this problem ever since I started using MP (pre 0.2.3):confused:

Kind regards,
    Jan

My setup:
    TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Version: RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: XFACE
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate 32bit - Latest hotfixes, but no SP
    CPU Type: Dual Core
    HDD: Seagate baracuda 750GB SATA
    Memory: 4GB (3237MB)
    Motherboard:
    Video Card: Club3D Radeon HD2600XT
    Video Card Driver: 8.476.0.0
    Sound Card: Creative SB X-FI
    Sound Card AC3: Creative SB X-FI
    Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.1304
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: FloppyDTV
    2. TV Card: DBV-T
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDP7)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft MPEG1/DD Audio Decoder
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDP7)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digital / Boxer
    TV: Pioneer PDP 5080XD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I think you have had this problems since the combination of Vista & HDMI. The reason it's that graphic output it's turned off when TV it's off & turns on when you turn TV on again & MP does then not now where to render (like a game) so it's get stuck & lost.
    If you could use a dual view setup it will solve it, if you can force graphic output even when HDMI it's not in use it will solve the problem(some reg hacks or whatever). I know some of the devs have tried to solve it but no success so fare.

Regards
    Roy

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, that sounds reasonable except for 2 small issues:

1. The picture Freeze when I turn the TV back on, not when I turn it off
    2. I have never experienced the same problem DVBViewer

I guess that the second point can be explained by DVBViewer using some other technology for handling the graphics?
    But the first one is a bit more triggy:confused:

I can live with this, but the WAF for this is very low, so I really hope that it is possible to fix this???

/J

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    What dvbviewer use i don't know, but MP renders just like games with exclusive to directx & when graphic card output it's lost MP looses it. This is a known ATI issue, nvidia has a forced option but no solution for ATI yet.

Here from your log you can see where MP looses graphic card(if this it's when you turned off or on i dunno):
    2008-05-12 10:37:47.542073 [Info.][19]: Planescene(704,576,4,3,276861184,False,8):Unhandled exception in Error in the application. Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    at MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.InternalPresentSurface(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 arWidth, Int32 arHeight, Boolean InRepaint)

Regards
    Roy

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, so what you are saying is basically that this is not related to MP, and there is not much that can be done about it, unless change to a Nvidia adapter?

Thanks for your feedback!

/J

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    As i said earlier some are/have been(not sure about progress) trying to work around this on MP side.
    I'm sure ATI will come up with a option(like force TV on when using s-vhs out as i still do ;) ), but when they will i dunno.

I have lots of issues with vista & ATI(nvidia too) when it comes to different things, so it's not funny & most of the time MP(also games does it) triggers those since it uses DirectX & VMR/EVR renderer.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom