Picture in Picture Plugin (1 Viewer)

mark90

Portal Pro
April 30, 2009
Hi all,

my normal TV has a function called picture n picture. so i can watch 2 programms (one in a small picture only to view when the commercial is over) and on the rest of tv i can watch an other programm.
Is there an existing PlugIn or is it possible to create such a PlugIn?

King regards
mark

:sorry: P.S: sorry for my bad english. I'm a german boy and i try my best! If there are any questions I try to answer them!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As far as I know such a plugin doesn't exist. It could be created, but you would need to rebuild the entire TV-part. I guess for this to happen, you would need a hardcore programmer that knows MediaPortal inside-out, and who has the need for PiP. My experience is, that most new features in MediaPortal are developed because a developer needs them :)

PS: Your english is pretty good.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    This has been discussed many many times (have a search about, there are threads).

Basically, this isn't really possible in the current system, it's one of the many limitations of the MP1 code base. To do it the whole TV part of MP would need to be changed, this would probably case no end of bugs for other parts of the whole system, so all calls for PiP were rejected.

It's one of the reasons for the complete ground up rewrite of MP that is MP2. Although it probably won't have support for PiP strait away (getting all the existing features written for MP2 will be a big enough job), but it should eventually be possible once someone takes on the task.

Although I wouldn't call for it to be implimented, I do think I would use it is the feature were there. What I normally do in advert breaks though is go to the EPG, with the TV still playing in the corner and see what else is on later in the day or on different channels :)

mark90

Portal Pro
    April 30, 2009
    Hi,

ok then i hope that it will be implemented in the future :D

I don't become warm whit the search engine in thiis forum. I find a lot, but not what i want! (But ii will try to get better :) )

Thanks for you answers
    and kind regard Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom