Pictures & Videos - One plugin to rule them all (plugin request) (1 Viewer)

Would you like a plugin that shows both Pics and Videos?

• YES

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All

I don't know about you but I often have BOTH photos and videos of the same event - for example a day kiteboarding, a wedding, a birthday etc etc. The problem is if I want to show them to anyone (or look at them myself) I have to look at the Pics in the MyPictures plugin and then go to MyVideos and find the folder with the videos in it to see them. It spoils the "integrated" feel I'd like my MP system to have....

I would prefer to be able to save my pics and videos (for lets say a wedding) into one folder and then have a plugin which allows me to view them all. This is no different to what Explorer does in Windows so I'm guessing that creating a plugin like this wouldn't be too hard for someone who knows about this sort of stuff?... :mad:

Unfortunately I have no idea how to write a plugin so if anyone out there knows how to get this done I for one would love to see a "MyImages" (or something like that) plugin!!!!!!

Anyone willing to put their hand up?

Bleazle

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
UPDATE: I've given Gemx's plugin a go, with mixed results depending on which computer I'm using - my test setup or my HTPC. Either way it's not working properly yet and judging by the lack of activity in the thread you linked to it looks like it could be a dead project :( if it is hopefully someone else will pick it up or do their own version....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom