Pinnacle PCTV 310i (1 Viewer)

Tomse

Portal Member
September 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
The PCTV 310i card has had a lot of problems being found by Media Portal

I've fought with the card and MP since I bought the card over a year ago.

I've managed to get MP to find the card (both of them since it's a hybrid DVB-T/Analog)

go to the folder where you installed MP and edit the file CaptureCardDefinitions.xml
you can use notepad as an editor

copy the code written below into the bottom of the file JUST before the line </capturecards>
(above line is for novice people. All you other advanced people can just paste it where you want, since
you know what you're doing)

Code:
<capturecard commercialname="Pinnacle PCTV 310i Tuner BDA Analog" capturename="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Analog Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_002f11bd&amp;rev_d0">

<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
    <tv>
      <interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"></interface>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="tvtuner" name="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Analog TV Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
        <filter cat="tvaudio" name="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="true"></filter>
        <filter cat="crossbar" name="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"></filter>
        <filter cat="capture" name="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
        <filter cat="videncoder" name="%videoencoder%" checkdevice="false"></filter>
        <filter cat="audencoder" name="%audioencoder%" checkdevice="false"></filter>
	<filter cat="mux" name="%mpegmux%" checkdevice="false"></filter>
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="2" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"></connection>
	<connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"></connection> 
        <connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"></connection> 
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="Pinnacle PCTV 310i DVBT HYBRID Digital" capturename="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_002f11bd&amp;rev_d0"> 
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"/>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"/> 
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="true"/> 
<filter cat="capture" name="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"/> 
</filters> 
<connections> 
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"/> 
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/> 
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>
These settings are for the 1.3.3.5 driver downloaded from Pinnacle's homepage.
if you have the 1.3.3.0 drivers, your card should already be found.

I haven't tested yet if the card can actually scan for channels.
I'll do that tomorrow since I have to go to the attic to pick up my TV cables.
Yes they are there, and have been there for a long time.

I'd like to thank Eiza for his post that actually made me try out some things, and now I've learned to add a new card to the list.
his original post is here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...794.html?t=23794&highlight=Pinnacle+PCTV+310i :D

This post was originally posted as a reply to (yet) another post of said card.

But since so many people have problems with this card and the Philips 713x chipset (which the card uses), I made this as a new post, which I can refer people to.

The reason for the major problems with this card is that it actually changes capturename through the different versions of the driver.
For instance. the 1.3.3.0 driver had the name "Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Analog Capture"
and now in the 1.3.3.5 (newest driver atm) is called "Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Analog Capture"
those said capturenames are used for detection in MP.

Basically you can also copy the section in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml and paste as a new section and change the names to the new one. The first name (commercial name) is the name you see when you add the card, and is
as far as I know more for your convenience to know the type of card.

If this configuration doesn't work with your card (here's where Eiza comes into the picture :D where he helped me on my way.)
Download graphedit (google) run it

Click Graph --> Insert Filters
now expand "WDM Streamin Capture Devices"
You'll see several hardware devices.
Depending on your hardware it'll be different from pc to pc, so I cannot say anything concrete here.

1 of the devices will be your soundcard (if you have any)
1 of them will be the Audio device for the TV card
and 1 of them will be the capture device itself.
and it is the full name of the capture device that you need to enter into the xml config file mentioned above.
the other names in the config file you'll also be able to find in that list.

If you still have problems, expand all the expandable views you can see and double click on every device that has a reference to your TV card, exit the list. save the graph as a graph file. Zip it and attach and post it here then I might help you out.

(I hope it isn't in violation of the forum rules)

/Tomse

Tomse

Portal Member
September 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hmm.. well I tried this out.. and I get video signals..
but damn.. bad performance and very bad picture quality.

I tried several settings but of no use :-(

This TV Card is just not worth it..

I tried Hauppauge PTVR500 dual card.. and there is something that'll make you happy :)

mortenb

October 16, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
English below...
Hej Tomse

Du skriver at du har fået det til at virke med 310i kortet med 1.3.3.5 driveren.
Jeg får bare "unable to create graph..." når jeg klikker add capture card i media portal config.

Jeg måtte også ændrer:
<capturecard commercialname="Pinnacle PCTV 310i Tuner BDA Analog" capturename="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Analog Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_002f11bd&amp;rev_d0">

til

<capturecard commercialname="Pinnacle PCTV 310i Tuner BDA Analog" capturename="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Analog Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_002f11bd&amp;rev_d1">

Jeg fandt dette i Graph Edit.

Har du nogen ide om hvordan jeg kan få kortet til at virke?
Jeg kan umiddelbart godt få den digitale del til at virke, men jeg skal bruge den annaloge.

Mvh Morten

To the english forum:
Hi
I tried to use Tomse's solution and i can see both digital and analogue card in "Add capture card" but when clicking on the analogue card i get the "Unable to create graph for this device".

I use the 1.3.3.5 driver.

Any ideas to use the analogue part?

Best regards Morten

Tomse

Portal Member
September 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Writing in english here

Where in the line it says &a mp the words need to be &amp

(&a mp;rev_d1">)

See if that helps :)

But as I said.. the quality of the analog signal is unbearable.. and sometimes it skips enough frames that you'll notice skips of what you are watching

Marco Rossi

January 29, 2008
Hi Tomse

at the end (and thanks to your example) I managed to use 310i for Digital channels with the following configuration:

<capturecard commercialname="Pinnacle 310i DVBT HYBRID Digital" capturename="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_002f11bd&amp;rev_d0">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="false"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

But the I still have problems with analog revecer: I can see the analogue card in "Add capture card" but when clicking on the analogue card i get the "Unable to create graph for this device".

In attachment the graphedit image for analogue card.

Any suggestions?

THK a lot :D

Tomse

Portal Member
September 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Tomse

at the end (and thanks to your example) I managed to use 310i for Digital channels with the following configuration:

<capturecard commercialname="Pinnacle 310i DVBT HYBRID Digital" capturename="Pinnacle PCTV 713x Tuner BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_002f11bd&amp;rev_d0">

But the I still have problems with analog revecer: I can see the analogue card in "Add capture card" but when clicking on the analogue card i get the "Unable to create graph for this device".

In attachment the graphedit image for analogue card.

Any suggestions?

THK a lot :D

I couldn't open your graph though.. if you read my previous post about the "&a mp" see the space.. verify that that space is removed in your config. Something about the forum board or the explorer puts the space there.

You should also check the revision inside of graphedit in the end of the line "&amp;rev_d0"

I hope that is helpful.

Your graphedit build should be 011008 and can be downloaded here http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_graphedit_141.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom