Pinnacle PCTV Dual Sat Pro on system boot (1 Viewer)

Vinegartom

June 18, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: TV Server 1 RC1
MediaPortal Version: Mediaportal 1.0.0.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP Home SP3
CPU Type: Celeron 2.4Ghz
HDD: Western Digital 200Gb
Memory: 2Gb DDR
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV Dual Sat Pro (4000i)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV Dual Sat Pro (4000i)
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 28.8
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Having some frustrating behaviour with the Pinnacle PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) card. I'm running TV Server on a separate server machine (specs above).

When I boot the (server) PC and attempt to start TV from MediaPortal on another PC I get an 'Unable to start graph. Unable to start timeshifting.' error. When I try timeshifting any channel through manual control in the TV Server I get the same. If I start Pinnacle Media Centre (PMC), briefly view a channel and close PMC, then try MediaPortal again it all works fine, and continues to work fine. It almost seems at though the TV card needs to be initialised after the PC boots.

BDA fix is installed. Also tried increasing the TV card start up delay time in TV Server config but ended up with problems finding the tuners.

Has anyone else encountered this behaviour? Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve it? Any suggestions gratefully received...

Thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Get graphedit, run pinnacle software live tv, use the connect to remote graph, it should show the route through the filters that live tv gives.

Pinnacle have done there usual by the looks of it and tied the card to their software by putting the filters needed by the drivers within it.

Thats why if you go to the website, there is no seperate driver download.

Shit manufacturer, sorry.

Vinegartom

June 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Ray - I'll check it out with GraphEdit when I'm at home.

Have to agree about Pinnacle - their 'support' is also shocking. Although there are separate drivers on their site (well hidden) - I tried installing the latest ones to see if that fixed the issue (no).

If the filters are within their PMC software are you thinking that by running the software and closing it these are then stored in memory so that MediaPortal can then access them and run successfully?

I'll post the GraphEdit output...

Cheers,

James

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    If the filters are within their PMC software are you thinking that by running the software and closing it these are then stored in memory so that MediaPortal can then access them and run successfully

Yep, tried looking for use with MCE\Vista, could not find anything conclusive about this, ie whether it worked or not.

Frank Heuric

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2006
    Allgaeu near Bodensee
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

juk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2008
    Wicklow - Ireland
    Hi,
    does anybody have these REYCOM drivers saved anywhere?
    I am in the process of setting up my system again and noticed that I lost the drivers and the Reycom site doens't seem to provide them anymore....
    Or if there is a newer set of drivers which work as well....

THANKS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom