Pinnacle PCTV800e does not work (1 Viewer)

hewscsi

March 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I installed 1.0.0.0.0 of MediaPortal. I am running VISTA Home Premimum 64 bit and have the Pinnacle PCTV800e hybrid tuner. TV Server would not work. There were some failure details but nothing that appeared to make any sense about where to start looking. I have uninstalled the software and hope that someday someone will come up with soemthing that will allow me to capture the video off of some tapes to DVD.

I realize that I will probably get the standard "have you tried this..., "it works fine here ...","what is the problem" posts which I usually ignore unless the comment is from a non-pedant.

Anyway, I gave it a shot. It did not work. The log was jibberish. The TV Server did not remain active or could not network, apparently. A big couple of uninstalls later and MediaPortal is history.

Y'all keep trying and I'll keep searching for something that will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I found the resolution: I had set this registry value set to 0: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM] "EnableEvents"="0" As soon as I set it back to the default value 1, TV server did no longer say port 554 is bound and TV was working. On MediaPortal 1.4.0 and earlier the reg value could be set to 0 without any problem...
I found the resolution: I had set this registry value set to 0: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
I've described my problem here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/satellite-tv-not-working-in-mediaportal-1-28.140530/ And...
Replies
Views
What exactly does setting the IP address to a blank in the Server table do? Is the IP address no longer stored in the Server table so it accommodates IP address changes? The reason I am asking is that I have two subnets here. The subnet1 network is where this box will normally reside and the other, subnet2 network is where the other...
What exactly does setting the IP address to a blank in the Server table do? Is the IP address no longer stored in the Server table...
Was using MediaPortal 1.16 approximately 3 years ago on an old C2Duo E6850 w Win7 Enterprise and 4GB RAM. I stopped using...
Replies
Views
Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
Replies
Views
Ok, the importer also remembers the queue of items that are still needed to be processed in settings file. If there is something stuck, it will try again on next server start and probably stuck again. But removing the media source also removes the associated queue. The server's TV plugin automatically creates the media sources for...
Ok, the importer also remembers the queue of items that are still needed to be processed in settings file. If there is something...
Hi, I’ve been struggling with MP 2 now for several weeks. Initially all was fine. Then in the client, the listings of recorded TV...
Replies
Views
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom