• Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's me ... again :)

Some questions to the usage of PIP and TV:
    When TV ist started and you go back (esc) to TV/TV you will see the running programm in the background. When you select another channel it will switch it in the background too. "F" will switch back to FullScreen - but wouldn't it be good to have a menue option to do this? - using the mouse you have the option in the player control.

When turning on PIP on the newly selected programm will open in the PIP window with audio. Wouldn' it make more sense to have audio with the main window?

During TV the OSD Channel switcher is very small - sometimes to small
    upload_2017-1-8_18-32-24.png

Using Guide in FullScreen TV ("G") will open the guide - but ESC won't get you back to fullscreen (as I would have expected) but will put you back to the previous used Screen and not fullscreen TV

Is there an Info panel for the running programm availible? Left Mouse key will bring up the player menue (Keyboard Shortcut?) but it's not quite as informative as the TV Info Panel in MP1

PIP is nice - maybe the window is a little small and I personally would prefer it to be upper right corner - but I don't understand the handling (switching between streams / switching audio / turning PIP on and off (the option in the OSD channel list does not seem to have any effect)

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "F" will switch back to FullScreen - but wouldn't it be good to have a menue option to do this?
    Additionally you can use "Red" key on remote. And there is a menu item "Fullscreen", but probably hidden inside WMC "others" menu group.

When turning on PIP on the newly selected programm will open in the PIP window with audio. Wouldn' it make more sense to have audio with the main window?
    I think you might want to change the setting for PiP player opening:
    upload_2017-1-9_9-49-52.png

upload_2017-1-9_9-50-10.png

You should try the "PiP-Video behalten".

Is there an Info panel for the running programm availible? Left Mouse key will bring up the player menue (Keyboard Shortcut?) but it's not quite as informative as the TV Info Panel in MP1
    Current program is only visible inside the OSD / Fullscreen. PlayerControl shows only "LiveTV" for now. Not sure if this can be easily updated.

And to access the "Currently Playing" you can use shortcut: "C". But I think the same info as PlayerControl is available here. So if the previous can be changed, it will apply here as well. But on the other hand it would introduce a redundancy to the information available inside fullscreen OSD (@ge2301)

PIP is nice - maybe the window is a little small and I personally would prefer it to be upper right corner - but I don't understand the handling (switching between streams / switching audio / turning PIP on and off (the option in the OSD channel list does not seem to have any effect)
    The layout is subject to skin/theme @ge2301, different styles can be imagined: like positioning both players side by side or overlay in other dimensions.

When PiP players are active the "Yellow" key toggles between them.
    Audio can be switched by OSD or 3rd context menu (select audio) (1st: current program, 2nd: next program, 3rd Player Config)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In WMC skin you can use the rotating CurrentlyPlaying Indicator to toggle between the players.
    • On focus is shows all active players with their content and state. Active player is highlighted.
    • Pressed it toggles between the players

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom