Pixel Shaders in Mediaportal ? (1 Viewer)

BlackdogZA

Portal Pro
April 22, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, presently using MPC-HC as an external player. I would prefer to use the mediaportal internal player. With MPC-HC, I have some pixel shaders enabled, in particular the colour conversion + some light sharpening. The sharpening, I can get from FFDshow but is there any way to get the colour conversion done ?

Thanks.

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.02
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel E6300
HDD: WD 500Gb
Memory:
Motherboard: Asus P5B Wifi
Video Card: 8800GTS 320Mb
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Lynx 2B
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Origen X15e
Cooling:
Power Supply: Cosair
Remote: MCE
TV: Pioner 506 XDE
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI HDMI

outdated specs for my pc up there..my current video card is an ATI 2600XT

slickric21

Portal Member
July 30, 2008
Hmmmmm, no responses yet.
I'm also wondering this.

I've just done some back to back tests of mediaportal with SAF, and MPC-HC with pixelshaders enabled (sharpening & 0-255) on various .mkvs that i have.
MPC-HC with pixelshaders wins hands down for PQ.

If only there was some way to enable them for mediaportal - or better still have complete control over them eg turn on and off during playback.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If the pixel shader is available as a filter, you can add it to the post-processing part in the Video or TV part of MP Config. Or do you mean something different?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Pixel shaders would be required to be supported on the rendering level code. Not possible with current MP1. MPII has had such support for log time :)

slickric21

Portal Member
    July 30, 2008
    ahh ok, thanks for getting back and letting us know this.

look forward to MPCII then in the future.

For the meantime then i'll have a playaround with using MPC-HC as an external player for my Movie files. The PQ enchancements the some of the pixelshaders bring make it too good to lose.
    If only I could control MPC-HC with my remote once its been launced thou !!!

Nulf

Portal Member
    April 11, 2009
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

For the meantime then i'll have a playaround with using MPC-HC as an external player for my Movie files. The PQ enchancements the some of the pixelshaders bring make it too good to lose.

Try a program called intelliremote, i use it to control both mpc-hc and mp with my MCE-remote.
    For example I have programmed a button to switch pixelshaders on/off.

BlackdogZA

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks folks. I had this nasty suspicion that I needed to use MPC-HC as an external player. The PQ is definitely a lot better with MPC-HC.

I have an MCE-remote hooked up to Irtrans so control is possible without additional software.

merzbow

Portal Member
    July 19, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Pixel shaders would be required to be supported on the rendering level code. Not possible with current MP1. MPII has had such support for log time :)

Yes, I need this too. I can't get correct black levels without the 16-235->0-255 shader in MPC HC, and I can't use ffdshow post-processing because it takes too much CPU power (even on a brand-new Athlon, you need a Core i7). Thus I'm forced to use MPC-HC as an external player along with all the bugs that go along with that (quitting the player causes MediaPortal to relaunch it in a loop sometimes, for one).

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you are on 1.1.0 Alpha there is a solution to the blacklevel: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rnal-player-evr-60475/index23.html#post485166

This is in a test-fase but I run it on my laptop without any problems (with correct blacklevel).

Oh...and this is only a solution if you run Vista. If you run XP the blacklevel is fine in MP, if not something else in the chain is broken.

merzbow

Portal Member
    July 19, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you are on 1.1.0 Alpha there is a solution to the blacklevel: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rnal-player-evr-60475/index23.html#post485166

This is in a test-fase but I run it on my laptop without any problems (with correct blacklevel).

Oh...and this is only a solution if you run Vista. If you run XP the blacklevel is fine in MP, if not something else in the chain is broken.

I just noticed that giant thread (a big fail to Google for not popping it up). I'll try these suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom