Ongoing Planning a new client (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've started thinking about retiring my HTPC, and reusing it as a dedicated media/tv server. It already has large capacity drives for my media and smaller drives for timeshifting and recorded TV. Everything will be connected via Gigabit LAN, which also has my current 2 HDHomerun dual tuners for OTA TV, and DSL modem. I already have a Harmony 300 remote/w MCE IR transceiver and RF mouse/keyboard (could go with bluetooth for mouse and keyboard)

My plans are for a new client for the living room - hopefully a fanless solution (yet to be seen). I will have to assemble it over several months as funds become available (from babysitting my grandchildren). I have already begun with the first of 4 phases:

1. BD player: Asus SBC-601S-U external USB 2.0 slimline combo player (uses 2 USB ports for power)
    2. Case: Mini-Box M350 w/ 120W picoPSU (102W adaptor kit)
    3. System drive: WD AV-25 WD5000BUDT 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5" 5400rpm 32MB cache
    _. Mem: 2 x 2GB DDR3 1066 Kinston KVR1066D3n7/2G
    4. MoBo/CPU combo: Asus E35M1-I Deluxe/Zacate E-350 AMD Hudson M1 mini-ITX w/Fanless heat pipe.

The client will be mounted out of sight behind the TV (it will be only 8.25" x 7.20" x 2.5"). The the BD player, as well as the IR and RF trancievers, will be the only things out in the open... I might be able to hide the tranceivers, somewhat.

Well, that's the plan. :D

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom