[Music] Play CD button (1 Viewer)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would love to have (to get my wife off my back) a Play CD button available like the Play DVD button. I think it would be easy to add, but I don't program c# (yet) so not positive. seems like it would be, though. It would be great to have it right there on the root menu like the PLAY DVD button can be done.

Or, even better, a PLAY DISC button that would see what type the disc is, and play the correct thing. cd, dvd, or blu-ray. that would be the dream. But, I would be happy with a simple Play CD button so I don't have to hear "It can play a DVD real easy, but not my CD!!"

thanks

Let me know if this is possible.

:D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi,

1. There's a "Play CD" button in the menu inside "My Music"
    2. When you insert a CD into the drive, the AutoPlay dialog, settings are in config, starts the playback of the cd

i think that's enough. :)

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Or, even better, a PLAY DISC button that would see what type the disc is, and play the correct thing. cd, dvd, or blu-ray. that would be the dream.

This would be awesome!
    Not all skins have a 'Play CD' button in the My Music section (which I find baffling - I guess some of the skinners just don't use CD's any more!)
    I don't like discs to autoplay when I insert them; I have this option set to off - a 'Play Disc' button at the BasicHome would be great!!

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Jeditrav, that is exactly what I mean. not all skins have this button available. I too don't like the autoplay for discs. It would be very convienient to have a play cd button on the main menu like the play dvd button.

Froad

Portal Member
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Play disc in basic Home?

Hi! Media Portal 1.1 Alfa work great; Congrats and thanks to all who made this possible!

I really like the new "Play Disc" shourtcut but I would like to know if it is possible to add this as a button to the basic home menu? I know how to add buttons but how do I asign this function to a button? Is there a hyperlink or a function to refer to?

Best,

Fredrik P

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    IMHO the label "Play Disc" does not fit to all other labels.
    To be consistent to all other labels it should be renamed to a simple noun, something like only "Disc".
    Or all other buttons are needed to be renamed to e.g. "Watch TV", "Listen Music", etc... ;)
    :sorry: ...for my statement :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom