Play random surround trailer before starting movie (1 Viewer)

Hustler

Portal Member
March 29, 2005
Denmark
Back in the days when i started using MediaPortal, i had some issues playing movies within MediaPortal, so i had to use an external player, Zoom Player.

By using Zoomplayer, it was possible to have the player select a random video file from a specific location, and then play it before playing the actual movie itself. In my case, i have a folder packed with DTS, THX and DD trailers. So whenever i selected a movie from within MediaPortal, Zoom Player would start, play a surround trailer, and then start the actual movie, just like in the cinemas. Cool as **** imo :D

My issues with MediaPortal was later resolved, so i stopped using the external player, because it also had some drawbacks, lack of GUI etc. But i really miss the surround trailer thing.

So i'm hoping, having the option to grab a random video file from a specific location, and play it before the actual movie, could be implemented into MediaPortal.

Hustler

Portal Member
March 29, 2005
Denmark
well... I'm guessing it would violate some kind of copyright law, if i were to post links here, so i'm not, sorry :?

Don't wanna get the MediaPortal team in trouble :D

But if a mod or dev says otherwise, i will ofcourse post some links.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
This forum has a nice function called
icon_pm.gif

Just thought I'd mention it in case someone needs it... :wink:

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hustler said:
    ...By using Zoomplayer, it was possible to have the player select a random video file from a specific location, and then play it before playing the actual movie itself. In my case, i have a folder packed with DTS, THX and DD trailers. So whenever i selected a movie from within MediaPortal, Zoom Player would start, play a surround trailer, and then start the actual movie, just like in the cinemas...

I'm hoping that once we have version 0.2.0.0 released this maybe an option in the play movie (I would only like it there, but maybe people would like both here and in video section) section, where we could allow the same deature of playing a trailer first (maybe your own special coming events video with 3D and not need an external player.

Mike

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm pretty sure you can download those trailers from the dolby web site. I never did it, but a friend told me he has them all from there.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    just do a search for something like dolby dts trailers in google and you'll find tons within the first page ;)

i'd love to see a trailers plugin where you could setup mp to play videos before a movie. how sweet would it be if when you hit play on a movie, mp played a custom 'home theatre intro', a selection of random trailers, a surround sound intro, then started the movie. it'd add so much to the whole experience :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom