play recording - only sound - no video displayed (1 Viewer)

mrspock

Portal Pro
September 14, 2008
Madrid
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi.
I'm only getting this error when playing a recording, never watching live TV (and my recordings are always from open DVB-T).
It's quite long since I am not getting again this error (except once a couple of weeks ago, but I deleted it by accident).
I obtained the errors when recording a serie from one channel, but that serie is over and now I don't record that channel, but others.
Maybe some channels are more prone to record bad files... (although I've got bad files from more than one channel).
As soon as I got a new bad file, I will upload it and report.
Anyway, I'm glad to see that the error seems to have disappeared in 1.2 beta... (I am using 1.1.3 and prefer to wait to the RC).
Thanks to the dev team.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think there is more than one thing in play here.

Alcapone's video still does not work in 1.2 (looks like TSReader issue)

The other files however could be down to MediaInfo but IIRC this is now disabled for ts files so in logs in 1.2 (0003101: bug in MediaInfo freezes MediaPortal with some ts files - workaround needed until issue is fixed - MediaPortal Bugtracker / SVN 26574 ?) you now get
    Code:
    2011-04-30 20:25:19.858100 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper: isTv:True, isRadio:False, isRTSP:False, isAVStream:False
    2011-04-30 20:25:19.860100 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper: disabled for this content
    which will probably solve some of the other issues.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So if I'm understanding that right, mediainfo is no longer used for ts files in 1.2?

Do you think it would help if I were to grab the latest mediainfo.dll from their software to try in place of the one currently built into mp?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So if I'm understanding that right, mediainfo is no longer used for ts files in 1.2?
    Yes AIUI we no longer use MediaInfo for any ts files

Do you think it would help if I were to grab the latest mediainfo.dll from their software to try in place of the one currently built into mp?

possibly or it could break things and make them a lot worse...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That doesn't sound right... I had always suspected mediainfo, so I tried disabling it once (with no effect) and it's possible that part of the log was still included. Unless of course debug mode deletes the logs before it starts.
    Your logs were very clean and short. That made the problem obvious. The MediaInfo I'm talking about is the MediaInfo.dll in your MediaPortal install folder...

[Edit: just read the rest of the thread. I'm with jameson_uk. You could try downloading the latest - I mean there is no reason why it couldn't have been a MediaInfo bug. Regarding the use of MI in MP 1.2.0b: I see entries in my log when playing a TS indicating the use of MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper. My guess would be that is just a class that wraps the DLL. The first line in the log is "MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: DLL Version : MediaInfoLib - v0.7.36BETA"...]

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I still had a laptop with version 1.1 on it and it played all the files in question without issue (albeit studdering with wifi and hdtv, not a good combo). Anyway, my issue was indeed Mediainfo.dll.

I do believe this fix does not apply to 1.2Beta because it does not use mediainfo

Note: This is NOT the latest version of Mediainfo.dll. It was taken from a working install of Mediaportal 1.1

I shut down mediaportal 1.1.3
    Navigate: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (or where ever you installed MediaPortal)
    Backup Mediainfo.dll --> I renamed my to MediaInfo.dll.1.1.3.bkp
    Extracted the Mediainfo.dll from the attachement into C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (or where ever you installed MediaPortal)
    Start MediaPortal
    Enjoy --> Well it worked for me anyway

I didnt unregister or register it because i dont think its not activex.

I take no credit for this as everyone else here layed down the correct way. I just implemented it.

Solas

Attachments

• MediaInfo.zip
      1,001.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom