Play the next video in folder (1 Viewer)

brab

Portal Member
March 15, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista SP1
CPU Type: Q8200
HDD: WDC 500GB Black Edition
Memory: 2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4
Video Card: Peak ATI HD3870
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.2
Sound Card: On Board
Sound Card AC3: On Board
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: AverMedia H788R Speedy Hybrid
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T/Analog
1. TV Card Driver: 1.3.0.59
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Thermaltake DH102
Cooling:
Power Supply: OCZ ModXstream 500W
Remote: Logitech Harmony 880
TV: Panasonic TH-42PV600E
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

When I watching videos after video in a specific folder fiinshes it goes back to the menu instead of playing the next video in the folder.
I have searched high and low for the setting and can't find where I can enable that when one video is finished it automatically plays next one in the folder.

Can you please help?
Thanks!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you say how the files are named, they do have to follow a naming convention to work as a single file.

What happens if in MP config\video "every movie has its own directory" is enabled.

brab

Portal Member
    March 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    All the files are in the same directory...

For instance I am watching Scrubs.S06E05.avi right now and file next in line is Scrubs.S06E06.avi.
    They are all in Scrubs Season 5 folder.

I just switched from Tvix 4100SH and on it it would automatically play next file in line after you finished watching current one.

In MP currently when one episode is done I have to pick up the remote and click on the next file myself...when you are watching 6-7 20 minute episodes in a row you can see how that can get annoying.
    It just seems a little bit strange that such a simple task is not flat out configurable in MP.

brab

Portal Member
    March 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    rekenaar...THANKS for the help!

Playlist thing worked just fine, I tried TV Series plugin, but it also went back to folder contents instead of playing the next episode.

Once again, many thanks.
    I am truly surprised MP doesn't support that natively, as any other media player does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
    I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
    Replies
    Views
    I have just tested the dll, and it works fine on my thpc too :)(y) Thanks
    I have just tested the dll, and it works fine on my thpc too :)(y) Thanks
    Since the update to MediaPortal 1.27 it takes about three seconds to jump to the next or previous track. Also adding files and...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Migrating from WMC DE
    Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that are similar to hdhomerun tuner but for European DVB). But you can not use them on both systems at the same time ofc.. Means if WMC is using a tuner (e,g, for a scheduled recording) MP can't use the same...
    Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that...
    I have been running Windows Media Centre happily for years on Win 7 Pro, more recently with EPG123 as an intermediary providing...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom