Playback of still in progress recording (1 Viewer)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
If I start a tv programme recording, and then start watching it back while it's still recording the time bar never updates itself as to how of the show it still left to play. For instance:

I record a 30 minutes programme
I start watching back 10 minutes after it has started
The time bar will show me that I am at the start of a 10 minute clip
This should update second per second as I watch it back so that whenever I press the info button the time at right hand of the bar should be increasing
Only it doesn't, it remains saying 10 minutes
If I get to 11 minutes in and decide I'm bored and want to skip forward 5 minutes I can't
Instead what happens is that it immediately says end where the time is on the right and seems to take me back to a point further back than where I was watching when I decided to skip forward

Can anyone else replicate this? I've always had this issue but assumed it would've been sorted now. I'm using indigo 2.2 skin but have exactly the same issue with bluetwo etc.

I'm not really sure what logs you need me to attach but I've included the tsreader.log as this seems to show where it is going wrong in my eyes.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm not really sure what logs you need me to attach but I've included the tsreader.log as this seems to show where it is going wrong in my eyes.
    as the guideline says, ALL logs. ;)

easy way to generate clean files (as the guidelines says)

Start -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> MediaPortal Debug

Reproduce the issue (re-do the steps above you posed), after issue is reproduced, close MediaPortal and attach the created log.zip file located on your desktop.

:D

I start watching back 10 minutes after it has started
    The time bar will show me that I am at the start of a 10 minute clip
    This should update second per second as I watch it back so that whenever I press the info button the time at right hand of the bar should be increasing
    Only it doesn't, it remains saying 10 minutes
    i just tested this here and infact it updates in realtime on my PC.

this means that if i.e. pause the playback and watch at the timeline, i see it going up on the right side 5:31, 5:32, 5:33 and so on.

if i contune watching for 10 minutes, and pause the playback again to see the timeline, it says "15:32".
    so everything works as expected in my singleseat system.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm using multi seat.
    this was the essential info, bause in multiseat i can confirm the issue, just tested on my live system. :)

adding it to mantis now.

*edit*
    its in mantis, see "linkback" at the end of the page. :)

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Just for your info as well, I've always had this issue as far back as I can remember. Before I upgraded to 1.0 rc1 I was using build 17500 of 2.3 and had the issue then and just assumed it was an issue with that build.

Sorry for being thick, but I don't get what you mean about the linkback thing.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Guys, allanp81 is right. The Linkback has (like MANY other linkbacks) been put on hold, and needs to be validated.
    weird, because if i "create" a linkback, i see them instantly.

linkback.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom