Weaslasf

Portal Member
April 22, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 HomePremium 64Bit
CPU Type: Intel Core2Duo E8400 (2x 3GHz)
HDD: Seagate ST3500518AS (500GB)
Memory: Kingston PC2-6400U CL6 DDR2 (2x 2GB)
Motherboard: Intel Classic Series DG43GT
Video Card: nvidia GeForce 210
Video Card Driver: (aktuellster)
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: (aktuellster)
1. TV Card: none
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow Video Decoder
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
TV: Samsung UE40B7020
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,

I have a problem with MP and watching DVD's. If I insert a DVD and he asked me, if he should play the DVD instantly everthing is working fine. but if i don't watch it instantly and wanna start it with the PlayDVD Button in the Mainmenu, i get the Message "Insert Disc". Windows found the DVD and other Players could start them. I reproduced this error on 2 different PCs (both with MP 1.1.1.0) one of them has Windows 7 and all Drivers (see above) and one with Windows XP and the standard Drivers. I used StreamedMP and Blue3 Skin and no differences. Always the same error.

If it isn't a bug and my own fault ... i'm sorry to waste your time and would be glad if you could help me.

have a nice day :)

NTM

Portal Pro
January 16, 2007
I had the same problem. It's not really a bug just bad coding. You have to have the disc drive/s amongst the video folders. Check the "auto add optical drives" under Videos Folders and it will start working. The DVD playing is a part of the videos function.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Have you checked 1.2.0alpha to see if the problem is fixed?

Mark

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    AW: PlayDVD - Insert Disc Error

Hi,
    I have a similar problem. MP 1.1.1. SAF 5.0.
    Some DVDs work fine, independently if I start them from main menu (play disk) or after inserting via the pop up dialog.
    Some DVDs return to main screen after 1-2 seconds without error but won't play.
    If I start the same DVDs outside MP with MediaPlayer Classic (e.g.) they play. If I then start MP and select play disc they play correctly.

I found out that it has something to do with the protection of the DVD because when I use AnyDVD it plays without a problem (also ripped DVDs play).

However, I would like to play all my DVDs without having AnyDVD in the background.

Do you have some clue how to overcome this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom