playing all Videos without User interaction, possible ? (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello, do you known if it is possible in onlinevideos that the all the videos in a Playlist plays without the User must set the quality of the Video? Because otherwise the feature "Play all title" does not be needed, when I have to select the source of the Video, before it will be start.

No Limit

Portal Member
March 7, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I came here looking for the same thing. It would be nice to be able to set a default quality for when you select play all. I like to use online videos to play music videos from you tube, mtv, and yahoo music. It would be great to be able to play them one after the other automatically.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At the moment I don't think it is possible. Esp. since it is hard to select a "default" quality setting, since they vary quite a lot even between movies.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    True, but you could select a MAXIMUM quality, and from that play the highest quality available up to that point.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the next version, I added some code that let's the site know that the user is using a PlayAll, so every site can decide to return playback quality choices or only a default one.
    For YouTube I have implemented it, so it will only provide the quality that you configured in PlayAll. If you need that for other sites as well let me know.

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you need that for other sites as well let me know.

I would (or rather my kids :) ) would really liek this feature on the site svt play. Then they can watch there favourite shows without interaction for a bit longer than the usal 10 minutes episode. They are to young to start next episode so play all with default quality would really fit in here.

Can I do something myself already now to get this working on other sites?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Implemented for svt Play! (AutoUpdate will get the new version, which lets you chose a preferred bitrate - 1400 is the default)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom