Playing Blu-Ray Disks in Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

digitalfm

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
Hi,

Yesterday I set up the Blu-Ray option but noticed a few things that stoped it being quite as good as I hoped.

1) I installed the UDF drivers etc and set up to play Blu-Ray internally. I get a codec error. I'm using COREAVC, SPdifer, and the MPC MPA codecs and all video's play fine. Do you need to load any other particular drivers to play Blu-Ray disks?

2) Because of the above I switched to using the external player option (TotalMediaTheatre3) which worked well apart from:

- Most Blu-Ray disks (I have) do not have the name of the film as the folder name. Therefore Moving Pictures does not recognise the movie, and therefore does not add it to the database. The only way to view the disk in the list would be to go into configuration and manually pass it through the check.

It would be good to have an 'option' where by if Moving Pictures detects a Blu-Ray disk it simply adds 'Play Blu-Ray' as an option, maybe in the context menu or as part of the list with a nice default Blu-Ray background. This would be handy because all I'd want to do is put the disk in the drive, go into Moving pictures, and play it either through the internal or external player.

Apologies if this is already there but I can't find anything like this? I know there's the Arcsoft Blu-Ray plugin but it would b great to have this all in one place and you seem to have done most the work already anyway.

Cheers

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just commited a change (targetted 0.8 currently - no promises though) that will try to get the movie name from the metafiles provided on a bluray disk. Can you check if the blurays that were not recognized have a .. (BDMV\)META\DL\bdmt_eng.xml file ? if you open that file in notepad or an xml viewer the movie name should be in there. If that's the case they will be recognized in the future.

About the "Play Blu-Ray" option.. that would be probably be implemented with Issue 307: Enhance Disk Support and also loosely related is Issue 83: Support close match resolution in MediaPortal GUI. So keep an eye out for these issues and post your ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom