Playing Blu-ray iso with menus and subs, from external player (1 Viewer)

evilking

Portal Member
May 17, 2009
If anyone could tell me how to get Blu ray images to work, I'd be very happy, as I'm now considering simply building and HTPC without any BD support.....

My pc (testbed before I even build my HTPC):
  • Vista Ultimate x64
  • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
  • Gefore 9600 GT
  • HP flatscreen, on 1680x1050 (maximum res.)

I have installed
  • Combined Community Codec pack (works like a charm with the rest)
  • Mediaportal 1.02
  • Moving pictures
  • Slysoft's AnyDVD
  • Daemon tools Lite
  • PowerDVD 9 Ultra
  • TotalMedia Theater 3
  • even VLC player

I just want to play a BD iso I have of FF7 Advent Children, WITH subtitles. But, I can't get anything to work, even without MP on. When I load up the iso, PowerDvd tells me that it is an unsupported format, TMT tells me it can't play the disc, and even VLC can't find the movie when I specify the virtual drive to look in.

When I try to simply play the m2ts file, PD still calls it unsupported. TMT can play it, but without subtitles. VLC can play, but only the video, so no audio nor subs.
When I use the internal player of MP, the same as TMT: video, audio, but no subs. I notice that only the haali tray icon comes up, but no VS filter. I doubt this matters for selecting Blu Ray streams, but still.

So, if anyone could help me to atleast get the iso to work, with menu and subs in any of the external players, I'd be so grateful.

Edit: Turns out that I forgot to turn on subs in the config. But alas, this does not solve the problem, it only makes it worse: now before starting the play, a message about an error and the filetype MKx is shown as described here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ir-its-gonna-get-pulled-out-59404/#post416262

The guy there solved it with the SAF solution, bu this seemed kinda tricky and buggy to me, especially given the fact that everything else works for me....

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Try Virtual Clone Drive (SlySoft / AnyDvD website) i.o. deamon tools.
    Virtual Clone Drive has better support for BD iso files.

evilking

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out and check back.

I should say though that the only reason that I want this to work is for testing purposes. I don't have any retail BD discs, nor a BD reader yet, but I do want to test the external player feature and its interaction with the MCE remote before I start spending a lot of money and building my HTPC :D

EDIT: Nope this did not do the trick. Both with AnyDVD and CloneDVD installed, PD still give the 'unsupported format' error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom