A

Anonymous

I had the problem that i couldn't play SVCDs and now i got it:

First of all you need a MPEG2 Codec; for this look at:
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541

For testing if you can play SVCD Files you can use Graphedit :
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/graphedit.html

At Graphedit go to File -> Render Media File and open an SVCD MPEG2 file
and you get the graph which is used for rendering otherwise you get an error message

If you get an error message then get Gabest CDXA Reader Filter and install it:
http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/formats/cdxa.shtml

Now you can retry the graphedit test, but know it should work.

I use Cyberlink PowerDVD5 Codecs and Gabest CDXA Reader Filter
for playing SVCD files :D

cya
TS2k

A

Anonymous

In the my video's i have a couple of SVCD's in .bin format. When i click on the .bin it mounts them, however is it possible to get it to play after that?

When i select the bin it mounts it, then shows the contents of the mounted virtual drive, is there a way i can just get it to click on it, mount it THEN JUST PLAY IT?

thanks
chad

Olodin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2004
    Thanks Technosoft2000!

I came accross that problem today when my girlfriend wanted to watch a old SVCD. Now, after 4h and a lot of §/&/$/&§ I finnally got it. Thanks to your tip!

A

Anonymous

I am new to the graphedit and stuff. When I run Gspot or Graphedit, it says that mpeg2 files render to Mpeg2Dec. I used the sample mp2 file refered to in the mpeg codec post. I think Mpeg2Dec Filter is from VobSub.

(S) --> Moonlight-Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer --> Mpeg2Dec Filter --> (R)
    (S) --> Moonlight-Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer --> AC3Filter --> (R)

I'm not sure how to tell you what GraphEdit is showing.

I have PowerDVD5 installed. Should it be showing up here? Please be explicit with any instuctions as I am very new to all this.

Thanks,
    Greg

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think you will find that the Mpeg2Dec filter has a higher "Merit" than the CyberLink Video filter, and that is why it is being selected.

You can check (and change) the current Merit of a filter by using the RadLight Filter Manager.

Please note the warning about changing the Merit values - I recommend that you keep a record of any changes that you make, just in case you want to undo them. There is a log file in the RadLight Filter Manager that is a good aid to tracking your changes.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info. But being new at this, what is the name if the Cyberlink Video Filter. When I look under the direct show filters, there are 7 filters. Of course, not all are video. Is it the one called 'CyberLink Video/SP Decoder'? That filter has a value of 0x00600000 and the Mped2Dec has 0x40000002.

Also, what are the Gabest CDXA Reader Filter mentioned earlier. Do I need these?

Thanks.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ggee said:
    Is it the one called 'CyberLink Video/SP Decoder'?
    Yes, that's the one.

ggee said:
    That filter has a value of 0x00600000 and the Mped2Dec has 0x40000002.
    And if you want the CyberLink filter to be used, then you need to change the Merits to make the CyberLink one higher - I would suggest you try increasing the CyberLink to, say 0x41000000, rather than reducing the Mpeg2Dec Merit.

ggee said:
    Also, what are the Gabest CDXA Reader Filter mentioned earlier. Do I need these?
    Sorry, I don't know anything about Gabest.....maybe someone else can advise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom