Playing Topfield .rec files (1 Viewer)

miri-dk

August 29, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
Windows Version: Vista
CPU Type: Atom

I have a lot of Topfield .rec files that is actually DVB recordings in a .ts format with a header. If I put ".rec" into the configuration field "Video Extensions" then I'm able to play the files, but I don't get the opportunity to chose between the DVB audio/subtitle PIDs as I do if I change the format from .rec to .ts. It seems like the .TS files gets some facilities form the TV section, that similar file-formats don't get.......

Is there a way to play the .rec files directly with audio/subtitle opportunities - but without changing the format?

VLC and XBMC can do this, but I like the possiblities and design of MP

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Basically our TSReader filter is used for the .ts extension files and another demuxer is used for the .rec files.
    Hence why you don't have the options when playing back the extensions when they're .rec.
    This can be easily changed in MP BUT there could be other formats using that same extension and cause confusion *shrug*

See here: File extension REC - EpiData data file

To hard code it however you have to change line 304 in PlayerFactory.cs to:
    if (extension == ".tsbuffer" || extension == ".ts" || extension == ".rec") //new support for Topfield recordings

Add the .rec support to a feature request otherwise just rename the files accordingly.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom