Playing Topfield .rec files

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by miri-dk, September 11, 2009.

1. miri-dk

miri-dk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    Windows Version: Vista
    CPU Type: Atom

I have a lot of Topfield .rec files that is actually DVB recordings in a .ts format with a header. If I put ".rec" into the configuration field "Video Extensions" then I'm able to play the files, but I don't get the opportunity to chose between the DVB audio/subtitle PIDs as I do if I change the format from .rec to .ts. It seems like the .TS files gets some facilities form the TV section, that similar file-formats don't get.......

Is there a way to play the .rec files directly with audio/subtitle opportunities - but without changing the format?

VLC and XBMC can do this, but I like the possiblities and design of MP

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dman_lfc
    • Team MediaPortal

dman_lfc Retired Team Member

Sales Manager
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Basically our TSReader filter is used for the .ts extension files and another demuxer is used for the .rec files.
    Hence why you don't have the options when playing back the extensions when they're .rec.
    This can be easily changed in MP BUT there could be other formats using that same extension and cause confusion *shrug*

See here: File extension REC - EpiData data file

To hard code it however you have to change line 304 in PlayerFactory.cs to:
    if (extension == ".tsbuffer" || extension == ".ts" || extension == ".rec") //new support for Topfield recordings

Add the .rec support to a feature request otherwise just rename the files accordingly.

DMAN

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!