Playing Video Files (1 Viewer)

ep0n

Portal Member
September 29, 2007
I have a large movie database and I would like to keep my movies in different folders, with a folder.jpg for DVD box images. But when I open the folder in MP it doesn't autoplay movie. Is there a way to do this?

Alternatively I found using Name_of_movie.avi / Name_of_movie.jpg in a No folder situation solves this, but I still would prefer my movies in different folders.

Any help?:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you have them in MP config\movie\movie database, then with MP\video running, change the view to title, if i remember correctly they should now play.

Sorry mine are all in one folder so cannot double check this.

cah0606

Portal Member
    November 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Your DVD files need to be in a folder called VIDEO_TS. You can then put the VIDEO_TS folder instead another folder named after the movie.

For example:
    C:\Batman Begins\VIDEO_TS

By organizing your movies this way, media portal will automatically play the movie when you click on the proper file. Also, when you scan IMDB for your movie info, it will scan based on what the parent folder is named. In my example, mediaportal would scan IMDB for Batman Begins. Once you scan and build your movie database, you will be able to view My Movies by title and see all of your movies, no matter where they are located.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom