Playing Watch Instantly video with Netflix Plugin 1.1 (1 Viewer)

clowner

July 16, 2009
Hey all,

Here is a basic description of the problems I am having with the Netflix plugin for mediaportal.

I am using the Netflix Plugin version 1.1 with Media portal version 1.0.2.0 and the StreamedMP skin. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit with .net framework 3.5 installed. When clicking on any of the videos in my Watch Instantly Queue the file tries to play, but I receive the following error message "Not a valid movie." It opens up into a separate window labeled "Netflix Movie Viewer" Here is a picture of the exact error as well:

netflixerror-1.jpg

Sorry if the image is small

Does this Netflix plugin utilize Microsoft silverlight like Netflix.com? I made sure the silverlight plugin was installed but still it refuses to work. My Netflix videos play fine off of netflix.com. Does anybody have any idea of a possible fix? I haven't found a post online with the exact error code so I am at a loss as to what I need to do to fix the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
this should be posted in the plugin's thread so the author can be alerted.

clowner

July 16, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I moved the post to the netflix plugin thread. I have tried opening up the watch instantly on netflix.com and it works fine there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom