Please asisst a simpleton (1 Viewer)

CairnsFella

Portal Pro
July 24, 2008
Home Country
Hi there,

I was hoping to use this plugin to "hopefully" resolve some problems I have with Audio within the Shoutcast plugin.

My actual problem is that when switching streams of differing bitrates I regularly get slowed OR speeded playback (speeded gives the classic "chipmunk" effect.

Anyhoo.. I have installed the MPI, and followed the configuration example given in another thread (with nice step by step pictures :)).. and I read in yet another thread that the pure audio plugin should be picked up by default in preference to the players in the Music tabe.

However, for me this does not seem to be the case. I confirmed this by changing to the dshow option, and I can see the AC3filter fire up. It is hard to confirm visually that the pureaudio plugin is not working when "bass player" is selected, BUT it appears from the log that "BASS" is being initiated.

Could anyone advise how I ensure Pureaudio is being used, or what may be wrong with my configuration.

FYI I do have an asio supported Xonar soundcard, and I have set the Min Max supported sample rates accordingly.

Any help MUCH appreciatted.

Dave

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Have you checked in the plugins section of configuration to see whether the PureAudio plugin is enabled? It will override the default music player, but only with the plugin enabled.

CairnsFella

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Many thanks for providing a reply (was beggining to take it personally :rolleyes:). However, yes I have checked it is enabled (and double checked following your post).. unfortunately doesnt seem to be the problem....

Thank you anyway..

any other theories anyone (all gratefully received)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My actual problem is that when switching streams of differing bitrates I regularly get slowed OR speeded playback (speeded gives the classic "chipmunk" effect.

Sorry for the late reply. Have not been inhere since early june.

The problem you describe point in the direction of MP not using the PureAudio plugin at all (The default player does not handle various samplingrates correctly in ASIO mode)

Could you post your logfiles (debuglevel) onhere? They will probably reveal what's going on.

CairnsFella

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Symphy,

My apologies also, for the lack of response to your response. I had, in all honesty, given up. However, (altough I am actually away at the moment and unable to post a log) I "will" post a log as soon as I return home, and keep my fingers crossed that the answer will be more obvious to an educated fella such as yourself.

Thanks again for the reposnse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom