Please help; how to make MP leave the volume alone? (1 Viewer)

lowcrust

Portal Member
January 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
All other programs I use that has a volume slider adjust the volume without changing the sliders in windows on volume control panel. Media Portal however changes the Wave volume slider so that after you've used MP and start Winamp, Media Player or any other sound-related program you have to first adjust the volume in the windows taskbar.

Can anybody tell me if there's any way to stop MP from doing this and if it's in any way possible to make it behave like other programs and use it's "own" volume level?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    IIRC there is a setting in configuration where you can choose which volume level is adjusted. Cannot check currently. Maybe you search there?

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In the configuration and then open up General, there you have Volume, click it and here you can choose Volume Control and Wave. Default is Wave when you install MP.

lowcrust

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks guys, however I don't understand how this relates to my question? How will switching between Wave or Master volume help me keep my default windows volume in other programs?

Everytime I exit MP I have to go into the sound control panel and raise the volume. I want MP to leave those sliders alone and, just like WinAmp, Media Player and all games I have, adjust the volume "internally" without changing the sliders in the "volume control" panel in windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom