Please help - searching for working DVB-S with MP since 3 years (1 Viewer)

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I am working on a stable MediaPortal system since quite a long time now, and it becomes more and more clear that the origin of many of the problems is the TV card driver. The spicy part of it is that I require the system to be able to enter and leave S3 standby state, simply because I do not want to wait for 2 minutes after having switched on my TV. This feature seems not to be supported by many DVB-S card drivers. Some do (like Skystar2 with latest BDA), but not when having more than one card installed (Skystar2 driver crashes after resume from S3).

So my desperate question is to all you out there: does anyone have a working and reliable system with two DVB-S cards (no matter if PCI, USB, or whatever), where S3 is also working?

Regards
Frank

ColinT

Portal Pro
January 21, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have only the one DVB-s card (Hauppauge DVB-Splus) and two DVBT (Hauppauge Nova T) and have no problem coming out of sleep (except dropping resolution, which I dont think I can blame on the TV cards). Not quite what you wanted but I hope this helps.
Colin

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi ColinT,

that sounds really good, I have also tested the Hauppauge cards in the past, but did not manage to make it work. Can you please give me some more details on the hardware and driver versions?

Regards
Frank

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    tatus

Have you tried MPStandbyHandler (search forum), pretty good as it restarts TVServer, so no reinitiliase tuner needed in powerscheduler.

tatus

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the hint, I am currently trying that tool. My problem is that I am experiencing real driver problems that cannot be solved by anyone except the (nonresponsive) card manufacturer. For example, the Skystar2 driver crashes on one of my two installed cards. The Hauppauge Nova-S (no PLUS) also didnt work. This is the reason for this thread, as I am about to try new card types, maybe USB.

Regards
    Frank

ColinT

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Nothing special in the Im afraid, just standard nova s-plus and latest drivers. Ive never had problems with the S-Plus or the Ts on sleep. (I am running 32bit Vista)

I always had problems with the T500, and ended up swapping it for 2 Nova Ts. I understand that you can now get round the T500 problems.

I was planning to add an Nova S2HD in the future, so I will be interested to know if you solve your problems

Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom