Please help..sound stops when switching TV from STBY (1 Viewer)

marcelgl

Portal Member
July 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I`m a new MP user. I use a Philips mediacenter pc connected via DVI to a monitor. When MP is playing music and I switch off the monitor nothing is wrong. However when I switch on the monitor again the music stops, no picture appears on the monitor and the only thing I can do is switch on and off the mediacenter again.

Any Idea what might cause this ? With MS mediacenter I don`t see this behaviour.

Regards,
Marcel

marcelgl

Portal Member
July 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I did some more testing. It does not happen with windows mediaplayer. When I switch off ( or on ) the tv then MP just 'stops' playing. The same as if the stop button was pushed. Anyone any idea which event might cause this ?
I`m not so familiar with the mp source, but if soemone can give me some directions which part of the source might be related I`ll try to find the cause in the debugger.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You need to post some logs so people can see what's going on with your system.

marcelgl

Portal Member
    July 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just did some more testing to find out what was wrong. In the MP log I could see that some exception related to directX ocurred when the TV was switched off.
    After this I downloaded an updated driver at the Intel website and the rpoblem was solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom