Please help...why am I receiving a "No Playlist Active" error? (1 Viewer)

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

The error message "There is no playlist active to insert or add the track" appears whenever I try and select a song under the "Other tracks tagged with:" group on the 'Now Playing' screen. I understand what the error is about, but many MP versions back I never got this error, even if I did not create a playlist before going to the 'Now Playing' screen.

If I remember correctly, in the past MP would create a playlist automatically when selecting even only one song to play, which would mean that if you looked at the 'Current Playlist' you would see only one song (the one that’s playing). Therefore you could still go to the 'Now Playing' screen and add songs from there.

Is there a setting in MP that would fix this for me, because I don’t usually create a playlist first, I just click on a song/album that I want to listen and then switch to the 'Now Playing' screen.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    No response…I’m disappointed :eek: :eek: Please can somebody help out here…anybody :D

In addition to the problem above I have also noticed that adding songs to "My favourites" stopped working, and displays no songs when changing to the "Favourites" view.

Can somebody please confirm if this is still a problem with the latest SVN’s Re-installing MediaPortal does not help...I still have the same problems:

1) “No Playlist Active" error when selecting only one song.
    2) Adding songs to “My favourites” don’t work anymore.

Please just test these two for me on your SVN installation….it would be greatly appreciated.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    As pointed out before, logs, logs logs (attach them to your post) ;)

Regards
    Roy

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Hi Roy

As requested, log's attached. You will see that both errors that I'm refering to are present in the log file's. The one error complain about SQL, and the other complains about the play-list not existing.

These are definately bugs...

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, there's an error in the sql querying the favorites. i'll have a look on that.
    Need to check also the Now Playing stuff. never tried it myself.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Fixed the SQL Error, when querying the the Favorites. it is in next public svn.

re, the "Now Playing".
    The error message is correct, there's no Playlist available.
    You need to start playback via "Play / P" and not via "OK / Enter", then the a playlist is created and it works as you expect.
    iirc this was always the case and didn't change recently.

narsor

Portal Member
    August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thanks for the reply, I was also suffering from the same problem. Now I know that I can use the P key once and then continue on using my remote to play media

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom