Please help with getting Schedules Direct to work (1 Viewer)

Dementia Dog

Portal Member
January 15, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Per HTPSourcer's recommendation, I decided to ditch MP1 and start over again with MP2. At first MP2 wouldn't work at all, but after uninstalling MP1, and MP2, and all the plug-ins, and rebooting multiple times, and more uninstalls, I finally got it. Yay! I don't have any hair left on my head, but at least I have MP2 working!

I can see all the expected channels within MP2 and I am able to watch live TV. So the next step is to get the EPG up and running.

From all that I've read, it seems the Schedules Direct plugin does not work with MP2 and hence I went with EPG Buddy and TVGuide.com instead. Lots of misleading information about EPG Buddy and after all that I've read I'm not sure if it works or not either. Oh boy!

I started another thread in this forum, asking for help with EPG Buddy, but if anyone who reads this post can help, well, I'd really, really appreciate it!

I created an account with TVGuide.com and I have updated all the related settings within EPG Buddy. However, no channel listings are showing up in EPG Buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for the info. All clear except whether Power Scheduler will actually run SD plugin at specified times. I'll look into it, Meantime, I got mc2xml working, and that can be run daily as a scheduled task. (that;s what I used to do - I think) Meantime again, it appears my zap2xxml from tvguide.com started working again - temp...
Thanks for the info. All clear except whether Power Scheduler will actually run SD plugin at specified times. I'll look into it...
Reason for questions: I've been using zap2xml to get data from tvguide.com and write tvguide.xml for xmltv for years - but it seems...
Replies
Views
From discussions in another thread, it has become apparent that there is a "gotcha" with regard to the "Schedules Direct" plugin for "TV Server". :eek: Schedules Direct provide EPG data in the following formats: JSON format: this is available for all countries that Schedules Direct support. XML format: this is available only for the...
From discussions in another thread, it has become apparent that there is a "gotcha" with regard to the "Schedules Direct" plugin...
Hello - I'm a new user converting from a Win7 WMC. I love the features in MP2 (and MP1) but we are heavy OTA watchers - so getting...
Replies
Views
WedgeCan, Gcarr, I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again. Thanks for the link!!!
WedgeCan, Gcarr, I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again...
Starting on Oct 1st, MC2XML quit running for me. It now starts and then instantly silently exits. This happens on all three of my...
Replies
Views
Have you selected the correct data format on the Schedules Direct web site? For the USA and Canada, the EPG data can be provided by SD in XML format or JSON format. XML format is the old style, and JSON format is the new style. Unfortunately, the TV Server plugin can process only XML format. If you are in fact downloading JSON...
Have you selected the correct data format on the Schedules Direct web site? For the USA and Canada, the EPG data can be provided...
I have installed version 1.27on MediaPortal and 1.11.0.2 of the Schedules Direct plugin. I scanned my Hauppauge WinTV dualHD...
Replies
Views
In Windows, there are associations between file extensions and the programs that process files with those extensions. For example, there might be an association between files with the extension "TXT" and the program "Notepad.exe". If you type "name.ext" on the command line, Windows looks in its definitions to find the corresponding...
In Windows, there are associations between file extensions and the programs that process files with those extensions. For example...
Can anyone please confirm that Schedules Direct does in fact work with mp 1.24? I had it working perfectly with version 1.16 (I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom