Please I beg of you, XP x64, just remove the block. (1 Viewer)

Coragin

Portal Member
April 10, 2010
Someone like me, I love speed and I love power in my PC'(s). I bought a brand new HP pavilion DV7-1130us and took a week downgrading it from Vista 64 to XP x64. It runs cooler and faster. Likewise my main PC, with a AMD Phenom II 940 3.0gig Quad core, with 8gb DDR3 ram and a Radeon HD 4xxx series pcie, dual hdmi outputs, dual spdif out, 22" widescreen monitors x2, 37" vizio LCD HDTV as my third. I love the speed XP x64 has, it runs so much cooler, so much quieter and so much faster than Windows Vista or 7 x64.

Now I love mediaportal too, its the best alternative to media center out there. I dont understand why no xp 64 bit. I understand working in that along with XP 32, as well as vista and windws 7 puts a lot of work, time and pressure on the devs. Believe me as a programmer I know.

With this new RC 1, which I really want, its seems the old work around with the microsof application compatibility toolkit wont work anymore.

So, I ask please, can you just remove the block for xp x64 and instead of the "OS not supported, install stopping" can you just change that to a warning, no support use at your own risk? That was people like myself who really don want to use Windows 7 can still use media portal? Its not that bad is it? Just change the block to a warning and allow the install? If it completely stopped working, I would be forced to goto 7 x64, but until then, since I dont use the tuner, it has ran fine with no problems.

Also, It gives a warning for Windws server 2003 x64, but you can still install. XP x64 and Server x64 are based on the same architecture, when I install certain programs or goto windows update most of the time it says I have 2003 x64 server, even though its XP x64.

Could this please be done? Im not asking to support it, just remove the block and let us who want to use it on that or other OS at our own risk be able to do it.

I am sure I could hex edit the installer to jump past that block, but thats ghetto. Please oh please, can you remove the block?

Or on a final plea, does anyone know a good work around for the latest RC, so I can run it? Or is there older version of PureVisionHD? That is really the only reason I want the new RC, because PureViewHD wont install on the current stable release.

Please please pleeasesss :) :) :) (PS This is not a rant, I am asking in all sincerity, please. Guess it could be begging though.)

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom