"Please insert disc" error when launching ISO (1 Viewer)

RockJock

Portal Pro
October 26, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I have been using version MyFilms 4.8.0c quite successfully in MP 1.1.3 for awhile. I play DVD files by putting the path to the VIDEO_TS folder in the Notes field in DVD Profiler and having the "Notes Field contains only Movie Filename" option checked in the MyFilms configuration.

I have recently started creating ISO files of BluRay movies using Daemon Tools to launch the ArcSoft software and I put the path to the ISO file in the Notes field. The problem is that when I select Play for a BR movie I get the "Please insert disc" error but the movie still comes up and plays fine like it should in the ArcSoft software. When I am finished watching and close the player the error is still up.

Standard DVDs play fine and the error does not appear this only happens with BR and an external player.

I have included some screenshots and any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you.

David

Attachments

• Insert Disc.jpg
    Insert Disc.jpg
    31.7 KB
  • No Video.jpg
    No Video.jpg
    30 KB
  • DVD Profiler.jpg
    DVD Profiler.jpg
    64.7 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: "Please insert disc" error when launching ISO

Hi David,
    how are you using the arcsoft player? (What plugin etc.) Did you manage to play DVD-isos properly with external player? Can you successfully play the BR-ISOs from internal MyVideos, launching arcsoft software?
    I just try to get some ideas, because I haven't this config myself here ...

RockJock

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Re: AW: "Please insert disc" error when launching ISO

I am using ArcSoft Total Theater as an external player not as a plugin. And I does still open and play perfectly when I choose play in MP. It is just that nagging error. So MyFilms is recognizing the path H:\avatar.iso as a thing and Daemon Tools is mounting the image and ArcSoft is autolaunching and playing the movie. I don't have any other ISOs other than BluRay but I imagine it would be the same issue. I don't use MyVideos nor would I know how to set it up.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: "Please insert disc" error when launching ISO

I am using ArcSoft Total Theater as an external player not as a plugin. And I does still open and play perfectly when I choose play in MP. It is just that nagging error. So MyFilms is recognizing the path H:\avatar.iso as a thing and Daemon Tools is mounting the image and ArcSoft is autolaunching and playing the movie. I don't have any other ISOs other than BluRay but I imagine it would be the same issue. I don't use MyVideos nor would I know how to set it up.

Can you please send me your mediaportal.log and your MyFilms.xml config file, so I can check what's happening?

RockJock

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2008
    Home Country
    I don't know where to find those. Are they in a certain path?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: "Please insert disc" error when launching ISO

I don't know where to find those. Are they in a certain path?
    Assuming you're on german XP (use translated pathes for english), Myfilms config is in :
    \Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MyFilms.XML
    Mediaportal.log is in:
    \Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\log\mediaportal.log

RockJock

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2008
    Home Country
    I am on english Windows 7 but that helped me find them. Here they are.

Attachments

• MyFilms.xml
      5.9 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Hi RockJock,
    thanks for the files - but as far as I can see, you didn't play an iso file - only DVD folders?
    Can you repeat the problem you reported above and then post the mediaportal.log?

I am on english Windows 7 but that helped me find them. Here they are.

RockJock

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Here is the latest.

Everything plays fine. If just the error message could be suppressed in some way I would be happy.

Thank you.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Here is the latest.

Everything plays fine. If just the error message could be suppressed in some way I would be happy.

Thank you.

Hi RockJock,

in the attached logfile - there is only a startup at 15:49 and a shutdown at 18:04 - I can't see you played any media during that time!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom