please insert DVD (1 Viewer)

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

once I insert a DVD MP asks me what to do (as configured in the autoplay section) and once I choose play, everything works fine.
    But, if I stop playback and try to continue watching later on, by using the DVD menu, I always get the message "please insert disk".

Last edited:

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    sorry, please find logs enclosed. My fault, didn´t know that there ist a different log-level while using watchdog.

DVD inserted
    Question for autoplay answered yes - everything fine
    DVD stopped (Disc still in the drive)
    Choose Play DVD from the menu -> please insert disc
    2 times OK -> no result, back to main menu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, did you use the Watchdog option 2 or 1 ("report a bug...")?
    I ask because the log files are still only "info" level rather than the "debug" level that I expected/needed.

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I used option 2. Just to be sure I set the log level to debug manually with the mp config.
    For some reason this time it took a while from choosing autoplay yes till the DVD content really starts - about 2 minutes.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you - these log files are better.

MediaPortal is not recognising any DVD drive is present. I think the reason is that you have removed your drive from the list of video shares:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Portal_Configuration/2_Videos/1_Video_Folders

If you remove all the drives from that list then you won't be able to use the "play disc" menu option. It will keep saying "please insert disc".

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank you very much. Everything working fine after adding the optical drive to the video folders.
    I did´nt expect a correlation between the DVD config section and the Video one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom