Please install supported A/V encoder for your software analog card (1 Viewer)

prjetdss

Portal Member
July 14, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Any help with this would be appreciated. I have been trying to make this work now for a week with no success and I believe I've tried every solution I could find on the forums so far.

I keep getting the message "Please install supported A/V encoder for your software analog card" every time that I attempt to scan for channels in TV-Server config on the ANALOG tuner. It scans for and finds channels on the ATSC/ClearQAM tuner without error. The tuner works in 7MC perfectly (analog and digital), as well as in AVermedia's own MC software.

Running Win7 x64 (Home Premium) and MP 1.1.0 RC6. I have installed SAF 5.0 (recommended in various posts) but had also tried 4.0 with no lock. I have installed and uninstalled MP at least 4 times now. I have manually installed it once. Using the deploy tool I even tried selecting "32-bit" but get the same error. I have tried using every codec I have installed but get the same thing (AVermedia MCE codec/MPC/ffdshow/PDVD10/Microsoft/etc.)

I REALLY want this to work, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I'm good with this stuff (have worked in IT for 14 yrs) but this one has got me stumped.

Thanks in advance.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC6
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide 1.0.1.0
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium x64
CPU Type: Core2 Duo T6500 2.10GHz
HDD: Seagate ST9500420AS 500GB
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Motherboard: ?? Sony VAIO Laptop (VGN-FW450J)
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Video Card Driver: CCC Version 2009.0804.2223.38385 Driver 8.635.0.0
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.5886 7/2/2009
1. TV Card: AVerMedia AverTV Hybrid Volar Max (H826)
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid ATSC/NTSC(analog cable)/ClearQAM
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.64.121 7/7/2009
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD10/ffdshow (SAF 5.0 unlocked)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow (SAF 5.0 unlocked)
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow (SAF 5.0 unlocked)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Sony KDF-40XBR2
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

prjetdss

Portal Member
July 14, 2010
Home Country
bump

Seriously guys?? Nothing? Not even a "get lost noob?" Wow... and you people wonder why open-source doesn't catch on in corporate environments... it's the lack of support, stupid.

4 days and 50 views and no one can pasrt with a single word of advice, oe even point me in the right direction... And please don't start with the RTFM or my answer lies buried within these forums, just read... It doesn't and I have... Otherwise I wouldn't waste time asking. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone just wants it easy. i don't mind working for it but as stated in the original post, I've not been able to find a solution yet.

Hey, can't fault a guy for trying right?

C'est la vie...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    On a quick search to the forum content looks like analog software based cards (I haven't ever used such my self) require 3rd party encoder to be installed:

1. Download/Install WinDVR 3 trial.
    2. Re-run tv-server scan.

prjetdss

Portal Member
    July 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks tourettes, but as my post mentioned, I have read the prior posts regarding this issue. I appreciate your suggestion but I have already installed and tested the Intervideo codecs (versions 7, 9, and 10) with no success. To be fair, I didn't install WinDVR3 because it's so old that I couldn't find it available anywhere. If you know of a source for it where I can download it, please let me know and I will do so and test further.

Thank you again for the suggestion.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    If it's MCE compatible, there should be a set of own drivers for that which will provide SW encoder & should work with MP too, else WinDVR should work since it has a known encoder even if it's a bit old ;)

Regards
    Roy

prjetdss

Portal Member
    July 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks guys, really. I tried the WinDVR from softpedia and it is now recognizing my card and can scan for channels, so it worked in that respect. The only issue I have now is that once scanned, the WebEPG wants to map all the channels to weird names. I'm not familiar with WebEPG too much yet, so I'll be reading a lot on that in the next day or two to see if I can sort it out.

Thank you again for the help. I've been pulling my hair our for a week on this to make it work and it's finally at least "working", if not fully working. I'll re-post once I do-or don't- get the EPG working...

Cheers all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom