Please - need help programming buttons (1 Viewer)

Alderian

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Basically, I've just got my first MCE remote (one of those Philips white ones, for Vista/Win7). Got it to work on XP after hunting for drivers. MePo responds to all the major buttons OK but I can't figure out one thing I've been trying to do for ages. When you have an mkv/avi playing (either through Moving Pictures or My TV Series) I want to be able to press the "I" (info?) button on the MCE remote to get the same menu you get when you right click on the movie with the mouse. Please help, I just don't know how to set it up.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Press it twice, the info button on the remote actually works differently to the i keyboard and has more functionality.

Hope you get used to it soon :)

Alderian

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Nope, that didn't work! Does it matter that I have HID enabled also, for the media keys on a wireless keyboard I only use for out of Media Portal stuff?

Alderian

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Funnily enough, the Green button doesn't work either in MePo. The remote is similar to a Philips 5100 but purely an MCE remote that came with an Enlight card reader from Aria PC - Computer Hardware, Components, Monitors.. at lowest prices. No drivers for XP unfortunately, I had to hunt them down, the driver said something about Beanbag emulation before I installed the driver I found, which was also in a foreign language.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Vista remote, can I get back to you later, the link is on my other pc on how to get one of these to work correctly with XP :(

Just check in Device manager, under the usb settings, can you see ehome irreceiver.

Alderian

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Not quite, couldn't get eHome receiver driver easily, seem to have something that's "eHome adfszggs szdgzsdg" (not exactly that but something foreign but the only thing I could find that would work after it was initially identified as a Beanbag emulation device. I suspect if I could find the right driver, the buttons would work! Any helpers?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    seem to have something that's "eHome adfszggs szdgzsdg"

Lets see if that is some kind of hack to get the Vista driver to install in XP

Open device manager again, the select keyboards, does the "ehome remote control keyboard keys" exist.

BTW are you using XP Pro or Home.

Alderian

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Can't get there at the moment, but I remember there's at least 3 eHome devices, and one or two of them have the word keyboard in them. One thing that may be of consequence, I tried changing the mapping and adding "Show Action Menu" at the top of the list, and when I pressed the "i" button the only button that would work thereafter was the "Clear" button.

Sorry, forgot - XP Pro SP3!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    but I remember there's at least 3 eHome devices, and one or two of them have the word keyboard in them

OK you are on the official ehome driver by the sound of it, just a hacked installer.

If you want the GREEN button to start MP, then you need to enable MPTray, which is under the 3rd party tab last thing in MP config.

So, just to confirm, with nothing but MCE remote activated in config the i button will not bring context info window on screen anywhere, ps This may sound a stupid question, but which skin are you using default Blue3\wide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom