Please, no other features, just fix the bugs :(( (1 Viewer)

maysider

Portal Pro
February 5, 2006
Would be really very nice to have from time to time e.g. 14 days without new features in SVNs....just fix the bugs (or add very demanded feature). Because I really think that HTPC is already VERY sufficient for perfect (maybe invincible) HTPC system. And my parents need stability and reliability than new features....even me. The last very needed feature has been "Media transcoder". Maybe it could be better even for development when the whole package of the new features is added together.

thx for thinking about this

illStyle

Portal Pro
August 26, 2006
Nuremberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
You should use the stable releases then. SVN versions are not ment to be stable nor are they ment to be used by everyone. If stability is important for you stick to the latest stable release.

Regards,
Simon

maysider

Portal Pro
February 5, 2006
You should use the stable releases then. SVN versions are not ment to be stable nor are they ment to be used by everyone. If stability is important for you stick to the latest stable release.

Regards,
Simon

ok, instead of

"...I think that HTPC is already VERY sufficient for perfect HTPC system..."

read please

"...I think that MP with SVN is now VERY sufficient for perfect HTPC system..."

It means that 0.2.2.0 is NOT sufficient.

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
maysider: I think how it works is the devs who build a feature are also responsible for bug fixing. So the main devs like frodo and rtv who built TVE3 also do a lot of the bug fixes. And there are many other devs coming out with new plugins/features that fix bugs in their own plugins/features. I've seen them fixing bugs with almost every SVN release so I think it's well on its way. One problem is that everybody's setup is different, so it's difficult many times to narrow down an issue in the code if only a few people are having it.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales

Regards,
    Simon

ok, instead of

"...I think that HTPC is already VERY sufficient for perfect HTPC system..."

read please

"...I think that MP with SVN is now VERY sufficient for perfect HTPC system..."

It means that 0.2.2.0 is NOT sufficient.

Any SVN will have bugs, it is the latest version on a day by day basis as the DEVs add and change features.

If you want a stable, non buggy version, with SVN features, then you will want to wait for the next official release.
    When a release is near, DEVs (usually) will have a feature freeze (i.e. no more new features) and will concentrate on stabiity and removing bugs.

If you are using SVN then you have no right to moan about bugs ;-) We should all be very happy we have access to SVN builds :D

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    If you are using SVN then you have no right to moan about bugs ;-) We should all be very happy we have access to SVN builds :D

Ok, I have right to moan about bugs and missing features in stable (0.2.2.0) release :)

Im really looking forward to next version........so wish you well :)

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    it is really a pity.....because of new features appears children's bugs (e.g. "Missing or invalid file: D:\Mediaportal\skin\BlueTwo\myhometvServer.xml")

at least could exist the another brunch only with the stable realease fixes :(
    from time to time could be released the pathes for the stable release

just consider this at least, thx a lot

ps: I understand that this project is only your favor.....so if it means significantly more work just ignore me :)

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    SVN is work in progress how can you speak about "children's bug" !

If you build a house don't complain if it's raining inside if the roof hasn't been constructed ! :D

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    SVN is work in progress how can you speak about "children's bug" !

If you build a house don't complain if it's raining inside if the roof hasn't been constructed ! :D

childerns bug....it is often used in Czech rep......so it is not so bad how you have understood :) I should have used any other expression

I have thought that svns are new features (installing air condition), improvements (better heat system) and bugfixes (leaked roof) not the house from the beginning :)

so ok, you are decider.....just my opinion :)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom