please play second file if movie has two files. (1 Viewer)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    please play automaticly second file if first file contains numbers after a "(" or "[" or "CD" , simply try to increase that number, and look for next file.

"a movie [1of2].avi"
    "a movie [2of2].avi"

or, "blah (CD1).avi" , "blah (CD2).avi"

Zoomplayer does that, please tak a look at it's way to handle this, ...

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    MP has done this from the start, the regular expression used to determine which files belond together cover a number of different methods IIRC. I do mine as Crank-CD1.avi, Crank-CD2.avi etc.

You'll find plenty of posts regarding this by searching the forum.

milanp

Portal Member
    April 22, 2004
    Skopje
    Home Country
    You can already do that if you use the option to stack files in the video folders you view. Files should be named file1-cd1, file1-cd2 and press f9. You should see an option stack, select it and you will see two files appear as one file1.
    If you try to play it it will automatically play both files.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    I would like to see a change to the code in that area whereby I could label an item with a prefix such as {1}, {2} etc that do not get shown when you are viewing the video list but are used to sort.

Doing the above would allow for something like the following (as an example consider a Pirates of the Caribbean folder):

{1} The Curse of the Black Pearl.avi
    {2} Dead Man's Chest.avi
    {3} At Worlds End.avi

The resulting list would then be:

The Curse of the Black Pearl
    Dead Man's Chest
    At Worlds End

Its possible that the above can already be achieved via an existing method but there's always more than one way to skin a cat.

My time is really limited at the moment, and I'm sure I've already made an offer of a patch for something else recently, but if I do find enough time to create a patch for the above and nobody has already made the changes then I will look into it. Since I hate working with regular expressions it would most likely be an option in the XML file; meaning I'll do part of the work, you guys can do the rest :).

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Why not just rename the file?

While there are batch renamers, why should someone be forced into renaming their files? I have 500+ movies that I would not let a batch renamer go anywhere near.

Its kinda like saying screw ID3 for music files and force everyone into using APE2 instead.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its kinda like saying screw ID3 for music files and force everyone into using APE2 instead.

In this point i agree to you. ;)

I am for an option make such things editable, so that everyone can add more than once pre- or suffixes for linking files each other.

Have yet other ideas or points to make video plugin better and hope that this mp-part will get more features (better subtitle and so on), but i think the priorities are now on the tvengine and some core development.

The time will give us the answers ;)

regards
    chefkoch

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am for an option make such things editable, so that everyone can add more than once pre- or suffixes for linking files each other.
    I would appreciate that. I named my files "... - Part 1.avi" and burned them on DVD, so renaming is definitely impossible for me.

Thanks in advance,
    Jens

ps: is this thread read by any mp-coder or should somebody post an improvement suggestion using the template?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom