[Finished] Please, please show the channel numbers for US/NA stations (1 Viewer)

Reggie Schaffnit

Portal Member
September 16, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
upload_2017-3-12_18-39-39.png

I am in a rural area. I think (almost) all of these channels come from a repeater. I've included an image showing the results of a SINGLE channel scan for a SINGLE tuner.
As you can see, some, but not all, channels have duplicates. I ASSUME that these are proper duplicates on different channels ... but HOW can I tell? It would exceedingly helpful if I could match the stations to the channels for this purpose and to match my real tv set.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

The TV Server (TVE 3) part is an integrated package, which is maintained by mm1352000. It is under code freeze and no additional functions can be added at our side as we are essentially using it as a library that is embedded into the MP2 code. Therefore we can't realize your request.

I recommend that you create groups to hold the channels that you have proven to work rather than using the AllChannels group.

Reggie Schaffnit

Portal Member
    September 16, 2015
    Home Country
    I understand that tve3 will be replaced by a newer version sometime in the future. Any idea when that time might be?
    I have created channel groups, but that still doesn't address my double-entry problem in any way.

Hmmm. But somewhere I saw a table showing the actual frequencies found. If I could match those to channel numbers, that would help me resolve my (hopefully one-time problem).

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Looking at the TV Channels screen not the Mappings, you will find the channels (Major and Minor) on the right side.
    The # on the left is the Major and the # on the right is the Minor
    I am using ATSC over the air so WWME-LD, Chicago (Me TV) shows 23001 and this is 23.1
    upload_2017-3-13_4-3-36.png

Reggie Schaffnit

Portal Member
    September 16, 2015
    Home Country
    A most useful suggestion! Let's see:
    upload_2017-3-13_12-3-54.png

Arrrrrrgh!
    So how CAN the same channel number be repeated for SOME channels on an initial scan from a single tuner? Now I AM up a stump.

Anyone? Bueller?

Reggie Schaffnit

Portal Member
    September 16, 2015
    Home Country
    This week I'm in Minnesota (rural). Next week I'm in (around) Chicago.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    All I can suggest at this time would be to remove the duplicates, Setup your channels and EPG.
    Setup the Timeshifting and Recording folders to the location you want them on.
    Then make a backup of the MP2TVE_3.s3db database in \\wv-server\c$\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database

Then if anything happens you can stop the MP2-Server process and restore this database and be back to where you were.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Reggie Schaffnit ,

The display of channel numbers has been implemented by @ge2301 and will be part of the next release. You can toggle between displaying the index number (i.e. the position of the channel in its channel group, e.g. "3" for the third channel in the group) or the associated TV server channel number (assigned during channel scan in TV configuration).

This will be part of the next release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom