[Please Test] For those who are having trouble with DVB scannig (1 Viewer)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    mrstef pointed me to something odd while scanning.
    Sometimes you get no signal for a certain transponder and the next time you get the channels from this transponders.
    He did some deep analysis (thanks very much for this) and so i may have found a possible reason for this.
    Please try the attached TsWriter.ax if you have troubles while scanning.
    - Just stop TvService.
    - Replace the file.
    - Start TvService
    - Try scanning

This only affects scanning for DVB and ATSC cards !!!

:D for your help. :)

mrstef

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Talk about quick response! :)

I tested the attached tswriter, and indeed, I get a much higher "hit ratio" on my channels now! Before it was ~50%. Now it is more like 80%. However it seems as this modification does not entirely fix the issue.

I now also do get some entries in the log which I do not want such as:

18-06-2008 19:29:35.667 !!! CSectionDecoder::OnTsPacket Entered infinite loop. pid: 1FCC start: 20 BufferPos: 5 SectionLength: 2 - Discarding section and moving to next packet

and

18-06-2008 19:28:17.496 22) p: s: onid: 0 tsid: 458 sid:8c3d major: 0 minor: 0 freq: 0 type: 0 pmt:15cd othermux:0 freeca:0 hasVideo:0 hasAudio:0

So I think that we now are processing a bit too many PAT:s (even incorrect ones) which we shouldn't,...

Also note that this issue does not only occur for me when scanning. Even if I do like 10 or 20 scans in a row, and finally find all my channels, I get problems with "No audio/video"-errors when trying to watch TV inside MP. So the same type of error seem to occur even inside MP, that sometimes it is unable to "find" the channel.

I will do the same modification to my tswriter I have here with additional printout and see what I can come up with,... I'll keep in touch!

mrstef

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Solved!

Hi again gemx!

I think I have solved it! :)

The attached patch (made from SVN 19456 of TsWriter) fixes all my scanning and viewing troubles! It does not include your patch mentioned above, but uses another approach which seems to work better.

For all of you out there who might also have trouble, you can try the attached tswriter.ax (install SVN19453 , close TvService, replace tswriter.ax and restart TvService) which has the patch built in. I will not commit this to SVN since I do not know if the patch might break something for someone else, but could you have a look at it gemx and add it to SVN if it makes sense?

Also, thanks gemx for all your support on this issue! :D

Best Regards

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    I did a test of you Tswriter.ax version.

It doesnt solve my problem for 1 transponder with low signal quality. But it's not te point.

The big problem is to watch a channel during recording.
    It's working in single seat.

But in multi seat, it seems that the TSwriter lock the stream.

MP client become simply unresponsive.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Both TSWRITER files don't work for UK DVB-T scan.

First transponder scans then 2nd fails see attached.

Edit SVN 19472 scanning OK , will try to retest agin.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      29.9 KB

mrstef

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Both TSWRITER files don't work for UK DVB-T scan.

First transponder scans then 2nd fails see attached.

It seems as you have a different problem than what I had. I had problems parsing the PAT, which meant that no PMT parsers where kicked off. You do have two successful PAT parses, and PMT parsers are started and channels are found for both mux:es as far as I can see.

Your problem seems to be that after everyhing has been found on the second mux, something goes wrong so that the finalizing call:

"Scanner finished. Triggering callback"

is not executed. Right after this printout the new channel info is sent back to MP from tswriter. This would require some debugging to solve,...

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D mrstef.
    I committed your changes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom