[Plugin] Axis Cameras 1.1.3 (08.02.2015) (1 Viewer)

Disore

Portal Pro
February 27, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Google code | Wiki

Download latest version

Introduction
With the Axis Cameras plugin installed you can watch live video feeds from your Axis network cameras and video servers.

The video format displayed is either MPEG-4 or H.264 depending on the capabilities of the camera. Both MPEG-4 and H.264 requires less bandwidth than Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) and is supporting synchronized audio.

Credit
The AXIS Media Control developers have been a invaluable resource for knowledge regarding audio and video filter chains. Frankly, without them there would be no plugin.

Installation
The plugin can be installed by running the downloaded MediaPortal extension. Notification of new versions are handled by the MediaPortal Extension Installer.

The plugin has been verified with MediaPortal v1.10.0.

Since the plugin is showing video streams in MPEG-4 and/or H.264, it is required that decoders for those formats are installed. The plugin itself will not install these decoders, but chances are that you've already got the decoders installed since MediaPortal after all primary is used for showing video in various formats.

Supported Skins
  • DefaultWide
  • Titan

Change Log
Link to change log.

Screenshots
DefaultWide.png Titan.png

Config_Cameras.png Config_Edit_WP1.png Config_Edit_WP2.png Config_Edit_WP3.png

Last edited:

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Axis Camera MPPlugin

Oooooooo been waiting for something like this.... Hoping it will do multiple cameras on one screen?

Maybe even support other IP cameras?

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Axis Camera MPPlugin

It can possibly do that in future versions, but for v1.0 I plan to support live view from only one camera. Recording and snapshots are also possibilities for future releases.

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Axis Camera MPPlugin

does this Plugin only support Axis Cams or does it only grab a specific Stream from a predefined IP Adress? I am asking, because i am using an Y-Cam, it uses JPEG-Stream, *.av-Stream, *.sdp-Stream.

pony

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Axis Camera MPPlugin

I have currently no plans for supporting other than Axis products, but you never know. It all comes down to the amount of work it takes to integrate other products, because one thing I know is that it's pretty easy to use the Axis products.

Regarding the video streams, I will be displaying either MPEG-4 or H.264. It requires less bandwidth than Motion-JPEG.

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Axis Camera MPPlugin

Great would be, if Users could define Details for Connection in an XML-File, maybe this Way it will be possible to grab Stream from other Cams than Axis...

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

That would be a good idea. If I decide to support other than Axis cameras, would you be willing to specify the Y-Cam URL request formats? You would also have to verify that a user of MediaPortal wouldn't have to specify the camera credentials each time a new video stream is requested.

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I've created a feature request based on your comments. You can always complement the issue if you have more thoughts regarding the feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom