[other] Plugin for Skype and DVD Ripping (1 Viewer)

galliano

Portal Pro
March 1, 2010
Hi Mediaportal Team,

Please_
include a module for Skype as a standard plugin in MP.
include a module for DVD Ripping as a standard plugin in MP.

THis would be great. All the downloads available seem to be outdated and do not work with Release 1.1.0 RC1

Many thanks

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi galliano,

you'll have to wait until the plugin author releases an update, how would including an outdated plugin help anyone?

The MP team actually goes in the opposite direction and tries (with MP2) to only include the core functionality and let the plugins do the rest. For you DVD ripping and skype might be important, for others (e.g. me) it's completely unneeded.

Btw, afaik MediaSlayer (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/mediaslayer-cd-dvd-hd-ripping-tool-37606/) is already compatible with RC1.

galliano

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2010
    Hi DieBagger, thanks for your reply. I understand your point of view. It's fully understandable that you want to concentrate in core functionalities, the problem is that very often the plugins do not keep up with new versions or MP.

Regarding Skype I am just thinking that things like Skype (video conferencing and this kind of staff ) is getting more and more in daily lives and besides you not really care for it, there are surely plenty of people who would appreciate such a feature.... but maybe I am just looking too many Sci-Fi movies.

Also DVD ripping I judge would be an interesting basic feature for many MediaPortal users....imagine friends lend you a dvd you have no time to watch for a couple of days....you could copy it to your hard disk and give the DVD-ROM immediately back, just to give a simple example.
    By the way, MediaSlayer 1.5Beta1 does not want to run im my MP.

Thanks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom