Plugin Help! (1 Viewer)

Troy2000

December 19, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Obviously, I'm a noob. I have mp working fine on my system and had no problems loading it. I have some active plugins working and they seem to be running fine.

My question: I have downloaded a plugin (MP_Upnp Renderer) which I have read about on that thread. However, I am unable to figure out how to install it. The instructions state to run the mpe program by double clicking on it. The problem is, I can't find an mpe anywhere in the download. It only contains a folder (Installer{CopyFile}) with no mpe in it and an xml (MedialPortalExtension). What am I missing? Is there a "walk through" for this type of plugin?

I need a little help.

Thank you.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Obviously, I'm a noob. I have mp working fine on my system and had no problems loading it. I have some active plugins working and they seem to be running fine.

My question: I have downloaded a plugin (MP_Upnp Renderer) which I have read about on that thread. However, I am unable to figure out how to install it. The instructions state to run the mpe program by double clicking on it. The problem is, I can't find an mpe anywhere in the download. It only contains a folder (Installer{CopyFile}) with no mpe in it and an xml (MedialPortalExtension). What am I missing? Is there a "walk through" for this type of plugin?

I need a little help.

Thank you.

I think your browser named the .mpei extension to .zip after the download. Just name it back to .mpei and it should work!

Troy2000

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That was it! My browser named it .zip and I unzipped it. I moved it, changed the extension and started it. It is working fine now.

Thank you very much!

Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom