Plugin Installation - Consistant Instructions - Wiki (1 Viewer)

barkerch

Portal Member
January 29, 2007
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi there,

There seems to be no instructions on how to install a MP plugin - if I've missed it please direct me to where this info is. If it doesn't exist, can we be given support on plugin installation?

I'm fairly IT savvy, but installing some plugins has me totally stumped! Am I an idiot? I don't think so. But given instructions, I can do it.

An example is here where I am posting for help @ https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=13558&page=4&highlight=wwitv

The ZIP file download contains no instructions& a bunch of DLLs.

So, yeah, some plugin install wiki would be good.

:)

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wiki Page for Plugins not included with MP is here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Plugins

Doesn't look like there's a page for the plugin your talking about yet though. Maybe I'll try and add one, if I can find the info!

Oh and are you looking for the My IP TV Plugin or the WorldWideMediaProject IPTV Plugin?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    the instructions should come with the additional plugin you downloaded somewhere.

because some plugins require more copy and paste than others, so there can not be a general "how to install an additional plugin", it depends on the plugin you are using ;)

if there is no info available for the plugin you want to add, then i would try to copy and paste the plugin dll's to mediaportal\plugins\windows and check if they appear in MediaPortal Setup -> plugins

barkerch

Portal Member
    January 29, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback! Love this forum.

As the MP Homepage pushes heavily plugins/extensions as a "core feature", a wiki/guide on how to get them up and running would be a great thing!

Maybe in the "Developer wiki" area you advise Developers that to make a plugin available to the MP community, the ZIP file should include a "readme.txt" file that instructs where each of the Plugin files in the ZIP must be installed/located to?

.....wishlist.....one day you'd launch the MP Config application, and "browse to" a new Plugin/extension .ZIP file download, and the MP Config application would manage installing it...including checking if it works with your version of MP or not....now I'm rambling ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    when you have a look at our wiki, then you will find the MediaPortal Extensions page.
    There we offer other developers a place where they can store informations, such as a manual for their plugin.
    but sadly this is not realy used by them :(

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I've finished going through the cards section, I'm going to start looking at the plugins.

So far i've only updated the TV-Series page with latest info....

But at least most plugin's seem to have the info in the latest threads.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When I've finished going through the cards section, I'm going to start looking at the plugins.

So far i've only updated the TV-Series page with latest info....

But at least most plugin's seem to have the info in the latest threads.
    great :D :D

pbb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2006
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    .....wishlist.....one day you'd launch the MP Config application, and "browse to" a new Plugin/extension .ZIP file download, and the MP Config application would manage installing it...including checking if it works with your version of MP or not....now I'm rambling ;)

Or even better... One day we can just browse to select plugins to install from within the MP interface. Automatic downloading and installing... And your plugin is ready for use :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom