[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (4 Viewers)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It would nice to have the smart image stuff working for the non-primary images.

Allow user to click a query facade item to jump to that media.

coming next update.

Allow user to flag love/hate/favorites etc.

this will be available later.

A method for the skinner to force a particular facade view for default and queries. i.e. I want a root menu to always be a list.
    More facades so that I can have a layout for movies and another for tv shows

There already is something like " typed facade" for browing in the plugin where you can have multiple facades for every type :)
    Name your fallback facade: MediaBrowser.Facade.Default
    Name your other facades MediaBrowser.Facade.<Dto Type>

for instance if you want to show another facade when viewing a Season you would create a facade called: MediaBrowser.Facade.Season
    You can omit the logic to hide/show the other facades this is handled by the plugin.

There will be only one facade per screen but it can be a different one for each dto type.
    Type in this context is more like the parent type of the list not the type of the content in the list.
    If you have the property logging enabled the type is shown at #MediaBrowser.Current.Type

You can look at the logic for this starting at: https://github.com/apondman/MediaBr....MediaPortal.MediaBrowser/GUI/GUIMain.cs#L299

i'm also adding stuff to read out image dimensions from facade tags so that every detail can be dictated by the skinner.

Last edited:

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Like what your doing here with these "smart" controls.

I've been having a play but unfortunately #MediaBrowser.Current.Type tends to contain "view" for the majority of selections making it difficult to do anything substantial with layouts at the moment.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can easily extend that bit into using an id so expect that soon as well :)
    Are you comfortable with compiling source code? If not i can supply you with new dlls to help you skin for future releases.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Are you comfortable with compiling source code?

Yeah mostly not a problem... it's more down to what I have setup here. Right now all I have is Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express and I'm just using that to keep neglected plugins up to date with current MP builds.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oke i just committed a change to make the smart facade more specific.
    You can now use: MediaBrowser.Facade.<type>.<id>. The id refers to the value of #MediaBrowser.Current.Id

Examples

MediaBrowser.Facade.View.movies-all (facade for the view All Movies)
    MediaBrowser.Facade.View.tvshows-all (facade for the view All TV Shows)
    MediaBrowser.Facade.View.music-albums (facade for the view Music Albums)

You can overrride as deep as the individual guids for specific collection items (but you probably wont need that) Next step is maybe a mask for the Ids so you could group all movie related views with MediaBrowser.Facade.View.movies* but this is something i need to think through first. Perhaps it's wiser to differentiate a View type as MovieView, EpisodeView, SeasonView etc.. or something instead of id ;)

if you have issues compiling just send me an PM and i'll send you a DLL to work with.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I dont know if i need to ask this here or on the skin sub forum. But would it be possible to have this addon supported on Avallanche Skin? Also can we use banner instead of posters now that the MBS supports poster view via webbrowser?

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

I just setup MB3 server and my media all shows up under mediamanagement.
    However when I select the plugin within MP I see all my movies, TV shows and Seasons in the overview but when I select a movie or TV season the movie entry and season is empty - just nothing to pay !?

Another issue I came across was that MP crashed on startup when MB3 server was not running - do you want a log for that?

I am using the up-to-date plugin and MP 1.7.1 hotfix.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I dont know if i need to ask this here or on the skin sub forum. But would it be possible to have this addon supported on Avallanche Skin? Also can we use banner instead of posters now that the MBS supports poster view via webbrowser?
    Ask the guys in the avalanche forum to create skin support.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Ok I re-scanned my library and all my TV shows and moves show up via the we interface.

However when I browse vie MP and the plugin some TV shows just don't list any episodes.

Attached is a log where I enter TV shows and navigate through 3 shows, one of them has listing, the other two are empty within the MP pluging.
    Maybe it helps[DOUBLEPOST=1399052134][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok here is the log where MP crashes while starting up when the MB3 server is down.

Last edited:

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did I understand you correctly that in the next version of MediaBrowser plugin it will be possible for us skin developer to add ClearArt and DiscArt downloaded by the MediaBrowser Server? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom