Plugin Request: MyShortFilms (1 Viewer)

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If anyone with more coding skills than me (ie anyone) is looking for an idea for a plugin project, you couldn't go wrong with this. =)

So while I love Moving Pictures one thing that it doesn't do well is handle non-feature length films. Obviously this isn't the problem of Moving Pictures itself since it wasn't designed with short films and clips in mind, but as a confirmed film\animation geek I have a lot of old cartoons (WB, Disney, etc), music videos sorted by director, and artsy and indie shorts that run 3-10 mins in length. Since MovPics is my default non-TV-episode video plugin it's turning into a real pain the arse to scroll through hundreds and hundreds of these. I'd like to ideally move them out of my main movies folder and view them with a different plugin - maybe something that will create a GUI structure based on how I've sorted the files into folders and allow me to assign icons\banners\logos to each.

As far as the scraper goes: cartoon info can be pulled from www.bcdb.com and music video info from onlinemusikvideos.com. I haven't found a universal db for short films yet but I suppose info could be scraped from a combination of clipland.com and imdb.com.

Any takers??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom