Plugin to download and play Podcasts? (1 Viewer)

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been searching for a Mediaportal Plugin that will download and play podcasts. I did find a My Podcast plugin, but it has not been updated for some time and did not work with the 1.1 version. Does one exist?

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've been searching for a Mediaportal Plugin that will download and play podcasts. I did find a My Podcast plugin, but it has not been updated for some time and did not work with the 1.1 version. Does one exist?

Try with onlivideos plugin

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I tried Onlinevideos plugin. When I set up the podcast, it failed saying that it could not find any video. I'm trying to set up an audio podcast, so I guess this won't work.

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I tried Onlinevideos plugin. When I set up the podcast, it failed saying that it could not find any video. I'm trying to set up an audio podcast, so I guess this won't work.

Yes sorry didn't understand u was looking for an audio podcast and unfortunally i don't know any other plugin that can play audio podcast...maybe some other can help

bye

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think the idea is that bad ;)

I gave your suggestion a try and added an audio podcast to the onlinevideos plugin yesterday. Got the same result as you saying no files were forund :( Then I changed the advanced options and just added "mp3" as value for the middle field. Then at least all files showed up, still not playable though. Now I think just the right RegEx is missing to get the file url. I just had a few minutes yesterday, so no chance to finish my tries, but I'll continue today and report back here.

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't think the idea is that bad ;)

I gave your suggestion a try and added an audio podcast to the onlinevideos plugin yesterday. Got the same result as you saying no files were forund :( Then I changed the advanced options and just added "mp3" as value for the middle field. Then at least all files showed up, still not playable though. Now I think just the right RegEx is missing to get the file url. I just had a few minutes yesterday, so no chance to finish my tries, but I'll continue today and report back here.

Well following ur idea i get a try to it, adding the mp3 value in fact now the files are parsed but when u try to play them u got an error saying that is not the right video format.
    I suppose that what we miss is something telling to treat the streaming file as an audio and not a video.... lol sounds not easy
    Anyway i will post the problem in an OnlineVideo forum thread.

Users who are viewing this thread