Plugin Translation / General translation (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi everyone,

After talking to Albert, he told me the translation of MP2 will should be done with a "Language plugin".

So I created a folder in the plugin directory, created a "plugin.xml" file info it, and created a sub folder "Language" containing a "strings_fr.xml", copied from \Plugins\SkinBase\Language\strings_en.xml file.

When I put this string_fr.xml file into the SkinBase language directory, there's no problem, I can see my translations. But when it is only in the "French" plugin directory, nothing appends. The string remains as default.

So my question is :

Did I miss understood Albert, and the translation is "per plugin" and have to be in the same language plugin as the default language of the plugin, or is it my plugin that is wrong ? Or should it be done in an other way ?

Can you have a look at the joined files ?

Thanks in advance.

Smeulf.

Attachments

• French.zip
      873 bytes

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Plugin Translation / General translation

Ah, I see that you created a new GUID for plugin ID, very good.
    But the name is "Weather", I guess you copied it from the weather plugin. IIRC, the plugin's name must match it's directory name, so it should be "French" here. You should see a warning or an error in the log output which tells you that your plugin cannot be loaded.

To answer your question: No, you're absolutely right; your translated strings should work if your plugin gets "accepted" by the plugin manager.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Works mutch better with your bugfix.

So now, I just have to start the translation, and I'll finish just when MP2 will be ready to be Alpha, without the need of the string management tool :p

Btw, some news about this tool ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom