PluginConfigLoader.exe (Fixed Crash On 64-bit Windows) (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    After reading a post that it was possible to start the MovingPictures and MP-TVSeries plugins directly I got all excited, to realize the "PluginConfigLoader.exe" program crashed hard. With the help of ltfearme located the problem and found a solution for it.

Attached is a ZIP file containing a working version for those that experienced a crash before.

I also included the Batch files I use to prevent me accidently getting into MediaPortal related configuration screens with MediaPortal still running. This does not prevent you from starting MediaPortal while you are still inside a configuration screen, so try to avoid that :D

CorFlags.exe is the tool from the Microsoft .NET SDK that allowed me to make this all work. So ignore that one, unless you care to do this with other .NET programs that are giving you a problem.

"PluginConfigLoader.exe" = new version that will work on 64-bit Windows editions.
    "PluginLoader - MovingPictures.cmd" + "PluginLoader - MP-TVSeries.cmd" = batch files to verify MediaPortal is not running before the respective plugin configuration screen is loaded. I've made them self-aware of 32-bit and 64-bit Windows editions, provided you used default MediaPortal installation folders.

You could either place the CMD files directly on your desktop, or place them in the MediaPortal program folder (same location your existing "PluginConfigLoader.exe" resides into, as you have to overwrite the version you have in there anyway) and then make a shortcut to them on your desktop.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• PluginConfigLoader.zip
      30.7 KB

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Does not work on my computer running Windows 7, 64bit. I have placed "PluginConfigLoader.exe", and "CorFlags.exe" in /Mediaportal/Plugins/Windows/

And i'm running cmd, from inside /Mediaportal/Plugins/Windows/. --> PluginConfigLoader /Plugin=Movingpictures.dll

This results in: "Mediaportal Plugin Configuration Loader Stopped working"!!!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Does not work on my computer running Windows 7, 64bit. I have placed "PluginConfigLoader.exe", and "CorFlags.exe" in /Mediaportal/Plugins/Windows/

And i'm running cmd, from inside /Mediaportal/Plugins/Windows/. --> PluginConfigLoader /Plugin=Movingpictures.dll

As you can see by the CMD files I included, you need to run it as:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\PluginConfigLoader.exe" /plugin="C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\MovingPictures.dll"

Or adjust it into the folder you use, so you put the PluginConfigLoader.exe in the wrong folder. You have to overwrite the existing one.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

As you can see by the CMD files I included, you need to run it as:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\PluginConfigLoader.exe" /plugin="C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\MovingPictures.dll"

Or adjust it into the folder you use, so you put the PluginConfigLoader.exe in the wrong folder. You have to overwrite the existing one.

I allready ajusted it... Because my Mediaportal is at: D:\Mediaportal... But there is still the above error..

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, so to verify you have MediaPortal in D:\MediaPortal, so

"D:\MediaPortal\PluginConfigLoader.exe" /plugin="D:\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\MovingPictures.dll"

is the command you use and you have overwritten "D:\MediaPortal\PluginConfigLoader.exe" with the new version?

If you are still getting errors indeed, then please do the following:

• Right click 'My Computer', either on desktop or inside start menu.
    • Select 'Manage'
    • Click on > arrow at 'Event Viewer'
    • Click on > arrow for 'Windows Logs'
    • Select 'Application'
    • Locate the crash entry, which should have Event ID 1001 and select it
    • Below it click on the tab 'Details', and select 'XML View'

Copy and paste the contents as a reply.

vanka

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    I'm gonna try this when i get home. It was driving me nuts not being able to have direct links to the configs like i used to.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is nice when installing on a new machine to be able to scan in tv shows and movies at the same time, thanks

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PluginConfigLoader.exe (Fixed Crash On 64-bit Windows)

Hi,

is there a possibility to use this tool running the power the TV Server power scheduler as STand allone.

LG
    Juro

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom